SaGa Frontier Community Forum

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa Frontier
  3. SaGa Frontier Community Forum

User Info: Mir_Vimes

Mir_Vimes
5 years ago#1
I'm gathering info, resources, and connections in order to build a SaGa Frontier community forum, with very specific features. To do so, I'll need everyone's help. Now, the questions:

*Does anyone have any experience as an admin or web master, for a website or message board/forum?

*Does anyone have any experience with PHP (by which I mean http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP)?

*Does anyone have any experience - or better yet, expertise - with any tools or software suites used to create, maintain, administer, and modify web forums or message boards? I NEED FEEDBACK as to which set of software suites is best for the task at hand.

*Does anyone know how to use mods which create custom forms?
**Forms which, when completed can generate entries in a searchable and browsable database, and which will create topics and posts in a dedicated board or sub-board?
*** The entries themselves will each contain a small *.7z or *.rar file, a description, a set of keywords, and a list of other database entries which this one makes obsolete, which are related to this entry, or somehow conflict with this entry.
~Fanatics, Unite!

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
5 years ago#2
While I have some experience running messages boards, the first one was set up by someone else and the second was simply invisionfree (which, however, seems to work fine...)
Nagas on a plane! ^_^

User Info: Myertch_Aileron

Myertch_Aileron
5 years ago#3
I don't know anything myself, but I've been a member of a PHP board for many years now and could ask some people.
There's a fine "li" between "obvious" and "oblivious."

Mir_Vimes
5 years ago#4
Please do. I'll PM you a relevant link. And you'll get a PM too, DragonAtma.
~Fanatics, Unite!

Mir_Vimes
5 years ago#5
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,5903.0.html
~Fanatics, Unite!

User Info: bybyr

bybyr
5 years ago#6
I have basic knowledge to setup VPS with kloxo as the cpanel

User Info: DoomSwell

DoomSwell
5 years ago#7
Why can't we stay here?

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
5 years ago#8
Oh, that's easy; Mir_Vimes is afraid an ex will arrive and prattle on about how sonic should be added! :Þ

Seriously, though, it'll make things easier because the board'll have features that gamefaqs doesn't.
Nagas on a plane! ^_^

Mir_Vimes
5 years ago#9
Why do you want to stay here, DoomSwell? I want to know, seriously.
~Fanatics, Unite!

User Info: bybyr

bybyr
5 years ago#10
I prefer vbulletin-based community.... gamesfaqs is great but we cannot make for example, subforums
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa Frontier
  3. SaGa Frontier Community Forum

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived