point to leveling up?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Suikoden
  3. point to leveling up?

User Info: guiness42

guiness42
1 year ago#1
Is there a point to leveling up the characters you don't really care about using? Like does it make them stronger in the strategy battles or does it cause something better to happen at the castle? Because I spend a lot of time getting all the new characters I get to around the same level but if there is no point then I'm gonna hold off.

Oh and does anyone else find it silly there there are characters you recruit that are totally useless other than having to fill one of the 108 spots? Like that kid that stands out in front of the castle??

Thanks!
I said no camels, those are fives camels! Can't you count? -Indiana Jones

User Info: SIMSteven

SIMSteven
1 year ago#2
There isn't much of a point to leveling them up. In Suikoden 3 there is, but not here. Just think of recruiting all the 108 stars your sidequest system and part of getting 100% completion.
Help get MegaMan Legends 3 back in production. www.capcom-unity.com/devroom
Join the official Dev Room, sign the petition, and participate!

guiness42
1 year ago#3
ok that's good to know then! That will save me a lot of unnecessary leveling up ;) thanks!

User Info: fiyeroatheart

fiyeroatheart
1 year ago#4
Yeah Suikoden 1 is the worst when it comes to useless, pointless recruits. The other games are much better in this regard. I mean every Suikoden has a few useless, random characters....but for some reason Suikoden 1 has a huge roster of them....

It gets a pass because it was the first in the series, and they obviously learned from their mistakes.
Currently Playing: Ys: Seven (PSP), Trails of Cold Steel (Vita), Resonance of Fate (PS3) Stella Glow (3DS)

guiness42
1 year ago#5
right ;) I actually played 3 first and loved it, but the adding and leveling up skills was a bit tedious so i don't miss that element in this game!

plus it's fun to see the characters that recur in the series a little more pixilated lol

User Info: TIDQ

TIDQ
1 year ago#6
guiness42 posted...
Oh and does anyone else find it silly there there are characters you recruit that are totally useless other than having to fill one of the 108 spots?

Every star that you recruit does increase the size of your army in war battles, so even otherwise useless characters like Esmeralda technically make you stronger.

As far as leveling up, there's no reason to level up anyone who you aren't using in your regular party (except for Pahn before his duel).
Sig

User Info: Ephamera

Ephamera
1 year ago#7
If you're planning to play suikoden 2, there may be a reason to level up reappear stars.
I'm living
  1. Boards
  2. Suikoden
  3. point to leveling up?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived