Was this a glitch? Mysterious HP gain

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario 64
  3. Was this a glitch? Mysterious HP gain

User Info: DorkLink

DorkLink
1 week ago#1
This is not me, but I thought it would be easier to show the area in a video than explain it (9:46):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lWiC9ek6K4&t=9m46s

I fell right under that part with the moving yellow platform, and I healed one wedge as I landed. There is no coin at that part normally. What I think might have happened is the Bob-Omb somehow exploded and I happened to land right on the coin, but I don't recall seeing or hearing the explosion or coin. Does that seem possible? Are there any known glitches where Mario can heal without using coins, hearts or water?
When you run into one of the hearts, the game will heal you over a period of time afterwards. If you take damage in that time (from falling or otherwise), the game will still heal you afterwards. That's about all I can think of.
The world turns on its axis; one man works while another relaxes.
Alack, I have no eyes.
(edited 1 week ago)

DorkLink
1 week ago#3
Nah, I definitely didn't run into the heart. That's in the bottom part of the maze and I hadn't been to it yet. Bob-omb makes the most sense but I'd have to look into if it's even possible for them to have exploded at that point.

DorkLink
1 week ago#4
Weirdly, I had another thing happen to me today, but it seems like something that's probably a known glitch. I got hit with a Shy Guy fire right at the same time I kicked him to death, and it didn't cause any damage.

DorkLink
5 days ago#5
I must get to the bottom of this

User Info: goldenraven20

goldenraven20
3 days ago#6
It could have been a sound effect glitch with the Bob-omb's explosion. Maybe it exploded but the sound effect wasn't triggered due to there being too many other sounds going on. I don't ever recall encountering that in an N64 game, but I know that happens all the time in SNES games.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario 64
  3. Was this a glitch? Mysterious HP gain

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

More topics from this board...
==Secrets of SM64, Part 7==mr_roberts_z5004/13/2008