The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Many Questions about TO

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tactics Ogre
  3. Many Questions about TO

User Info: paladin1155

paladin1155
2 years ago#1
Hello, I just had some very specific questions about Tactics Ogre. The PS version, not the remake. I use to know the game so well as a kid, but I haven't played it in years and I've forgotten some stuff now. A friend of mine is playing through TO for his first time and he missed getting the Petrify spell, so some of my questions are about that.

This is basically going to be Tactics Ogre: Jeopardy! edition lol... I imagine only the most experienced players will be able to answer these questions.

Spoilers will happen so if you haven't finished the game yet you should probably stop reading now.

1. Where does the petrify spell drop in the law, neutral and chaos routes? I believe it drops in the Mordiart fight in the Chaos route but I can't remember where to find it in the neutral or law route at all.

2. If you miss the petrify spell when it first drops, do you have other chances to get it in chapter 4? I believe random liches in hell gate have copies of the spell but I can't remember for sure, it's been so long. I know those liches don't appear until the deeper levels of hell gate.

3. On the first floor of Hell Gate when you fight Falfadet... does one of her mages have petrify? I can't remember.

4. About Deneb, it is 10 pumpkins you gotta sell her to get her powered up version, right? Must you recruit the pumpkinheads as well?

5. What level does Deneb start at in her powered up version? I vaguely remember it being something crazy like level 40? Which I'm assuming would make it difficult to use her in Hell Gate then without overleveling the rest of your team and trivializing all the storyline battles.

6. Can Deneb use white magic or Dragon magic? I vaguely remember her being able to use pretty much everything.

7. If Kachua dies in battle but is resurrected with revivify this won't affect the story at all, right?

8. Kachua can use all spells as a princess, right?

9. Does fighting the Filaha Order at Brigantes in early chapter 4 have any serious consequences? I read somewhere that it can lower your chaos frame... but if you're not going for the Gilbert ending, I assume that doesn't matter then? As long as Kachua is alive at the end, you always get the good Kachua ending, right?

10. Does the LUK stat have hidden mechanics/effects? This is a question I've never got to ask or discuss with other TO fans before. But it's something I've always strongly suspected. I've noticed how characters with high LUK just seem to have better hit rates and dodge rates, they even seem to do higher damage with normal attacks.

11. Can anyone explain the basics of how the snapshot sword stats are calculated? Does the sacrificial character have to be level 50 for it to be worth it at all?

Okay, that should be all of my questions for now. I know it's a lot of questions but I would really appreciate some answers. So, if you think you know the answer to any of these questions, please don't hesitate to reply then. Thank you!

User Info: bunalz3

bunalz3
2 years ago#2
I imagine only the most experienced players will be able to answer these questions.
Wrong assumption, buddy: http://luct.tacticsogre.com/

Okay, time for JEOPARDY! Lol.

[1a] Chapter 3 Lawful
-26. Vahanna Plateau (Ninja Leader: Kamlot): One of the Ninja-class enemies drops it.
-32. Amorika Castle (Siren Leader: Zildor): A Witch-class enemy may drop it; Persuasion is highly recommended.

[1b] Chapter 3 Neutral
-29. Fort Kadoriga (Wizard Leader: Botes). The leader drops it, and two Witch-class enemies may drop them; Persuasion is highly recommended. This is one of the optional battles that require certain conditions to be fulfilled before it is available.

[1b] Chapter 3 Neutral
-31. Vahanna Plateau (Sorcerer Leader: Mordiart). The leader drops it.

[2]/[3] Chapter 4 Hell Gate - All Routes
-B1. A Warlock-class enemy may drop it (you know the drill).

[4]. You need a Glass Pumpkin to be able to recruit a Pumpkin Head. And you need to recruit 10 of them to get Deneb and all of her goodies (ahem).

[5]. Your level when Deneb joins = Deneb's level.

[6]. Deneb can use all other magic (including Forbidden Magic) except Light/Ishtar and Dragon magic. Also, there isn't a "White" magic in this game. :P

[7]. First and foremost, Kachua can only die in Banisha Castle (Chapter 4); elsewhere, she'll just end up abusing the Escape Stone. More importantly, this game doesn't permit you to resurrect any enemies, ever; Kachua is your enemy in that battle.

[8]. Finally, you at least remembered that one correctly! XD

[9]. {See next's post}

[10]. Long story short: Yes.
luct.tacticsogre.com
This is the character's "Luck." In battle, a character's LUK is directly proportional to the rate at which they get critical hits. Also, the possible items that a character can find as buried treasure at a given spot depends on their LUK. Furthermore, a character's LUK is related to the probability that they will get treasure from killing an enemy--those with high LUK tend to get treasure more often, while those with low LUK tend to get stat-boosting cards.

Battle Mechanics Guide
Each point of LUK a character has in excess of his target gives him a 1 point damage bonus on direct attacks. Each point of LUK a character has over all attackers reduces the damage he takes by 1 on most attacks. LUK also affects accuracy and evasion percentages in the same way. Upon killing an enemy, the percentage chance of his turning into an item rather than a tarot card is given by the killer's LUK/100. Items found by characters in battle are determined by LUK as well. LUK also determines the probability of a critical hit on a weapon attack as follows:

Chance = .05 + (Attacker's LUK - Target's LUK)/100

LUK starts at 50 for all generic characters. It can only be increased by picking up LUK cards (which may increase or decrease LUK by 1 or 2 points) and by level-ups with certain items equipped. This is the only stat that won't increase on level up.

Every class has a certain number of points it gains in each stat when it levels up. Each class may gain one or more less than its level up bonus in each stat.
It's not easy to get things simple. It's not hard to make things difficult.

bunalz3
2 years ago#3
Does fighting the Filaha Order at Brigantes in early chapter 4 have any serious consequences? I read somewhere that it can lower your chaos frame...
It does lower your Chaos Frame, but I don't really think the consequences being that serious.

but if you're not going for the Gilbert ending, I assume that doesn't matter then?
Yes, but apart from killing and not levelling-up Walstanian/Gargastan/Bacrumese characters, there are supposedly other Chaos-Frame-affecting decisions out there (other than to follow/betray Duke Wrongway in Chapter 1).

As long as Kachua is alive at the end, you always get the good Kachua ending, right?
Yes! Chaos Frame only matters if Kachua dies. So, kill your enemies to your heart's content. HAHAHA!

[11]. Snapshot (1-Handed) Sword's stats = Halved of Sacrificial Character's stats. What level the character had isn't important; it's the stats. So, you could have a LV1 Necroed/Retissued character with MAX stats and still get a Gamebreaker Sword.

Okay, that should be all of my questions for now.
Eeehhh!? You mean, there are more coming!? Just kidding! :D

User Info: TopperCop

TopperCop
2 years ago#4
Actually, Kachua as Princess cannot make use of Snapshot or Entify, which are spells that will result in her death, for obvious reasons. Ditto for Denim. If you tried they will refuse to cast it.

bunalz3
2 years ago#5
LOL, you don't need to nitpick on the obvious! XD
But, yeah, you're right. :)

paladin1155
2 years ago#6
Thanks for the answers!

Yeah, I understand anyone can probably go look this stuff up in a guide... and maybe that's what I should've done. I meant that it would probably take the most experienced players to answer these questions based on memory/personal experience alone though.

That is some interesting stuff about the LUK stat... I knew there had to be something more going on with it than crit rate.

bunalz3 posted...

[7]. First and foremost, Kachua can only die in Banisha Castle (Chapter 4); elsewhere, she'll just end up abusing the Escape Stone. More importantly, this game doesn't permit you to resurrect any enemies, ever; Kachua is your enemy in that battle.

I think my question was misunderstood here... I'm talking about after Kachua joins permanently, after Banisha. When she's no longer a guest and no longer has the escape stone mechanic. I know she can die in battle then just like Vice can after he joins for good in L route. It's been so long since I played at that point of end game TO though... I vaguely remember being able to revivify her... and I don't see why she'd work any differently from other permanently recruited characters, so I'll just assume she doesn't.

About the snapshot swords, I guess I should've mentioned that I don't want to get involved with the necro/retissue method or make a game breaking sword. I'd just like to make a "good" sword that's about as good as Brunhild or Notos, for example. Could I do that with say... a level 30 sacrificial character?

TopperCop
2 years ago#7
This is not mentioned on http://luct.tacticsogre.com. But the unique property of Brunhild is that a character equipped with it will gain an extra point in every stat except LUK on a level-up (though it only drops right before the final battle, so...it's probably not going to see too many level-ups outside of gamesharking). There is no way for any Snapshot sword to have that property unfortunately.

bunalz3
2 years ago#8
I'd just like to make a "good" sword that's about as good as Brunhild or Notos, for example. Could I do that with say... a level 30 sacrificial character?
As in the STR stat of those swords? Then, even a LV 10 Soldier-class character is as powerful [if not, more] already: http://luct.tacticsogre.com/chartrain.xls

I think my question was misunderstood here...
About that, I was aware of what you're trying to ask, but I just didn't recall bringing her into battle after rescuing her.

Now that I think of it, I did remember trying to make Kachua as an Angel Knight...meaning I revived "her" back to "life". Bad ending (LOL, that's what I get for being too curious! XD). But! Since reviving characters in a normal situation won't increase the value of Death Toll, I presume that reviving a "dead" Kachua back (as herself i.e. Princess-class) will probably be the same as if she didn't die in the first place. Or so I think.

If possible, why don't you ask your friend to test that theory after saving (in mid-battle) of course. Then, proceed to check whether she's labelled as dead or not (in the Warren Report).

paladin1155
2 years ago#9
Yeah, I'll have to test that out with Kachua and see what happens. Thanks again for all the help!

TopperCop
2 years ago#10
It just happens to be a mistaken myth that the Princess can use every single spell in the game. The only way to have a character like that is via cheats.

Also, the most important attribute on a sword (or any physical weapon for that matter) is whether the element of the weapon matches that of the user. Try using a non-elemental Balder Axe and compare it to an elemental staff that matches the user's element but with low STR bonus and you'll see. If you want to use Snapshot, pay attention to the element of the sacrifice and that of the intended character to be using the weapon.
  1. Boards
  2. Tactics Ogre
  3. Many Questions about TO

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived