Holy Dragons and Tiamats

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tactics Ogre
  3. Holy Dragons and Tiamats

User Info: paladin1155

paladin1155
3 years ago#1
Do they appear in random battles anywhere, outside of hell gate?

User Info: TopperCop

TopperCop
3 years ago#2
Tiamats show up in Yomlahaba ravine. Holy Dragon doesn't have a kill count requirement, so just grab any L aligned dragon and class change yourself.

User Info: ekamown

ekamown
3 years ago#3
For Holy Dragon, I recommend the element is either wind or water.
If you bump, try to bump with your back end.

ekamown
3 years ago#4
What about Hydra? Is it only available in Hell Gate?

TopperCop
3 years ago#5
Aside from Hell Gate, the only place to find Hydra is in Eden which is past the point of no return. So it probably won't be of much help to try to persuade one there.

ekamown
3 years ago#6
Should I bother recruit Hydra? I did in my past playthrough, the one with wind element.
Dragon is always my favourite L-sized character. I equip them with Orbs to reduce their WT.

Since I already have a Holy Dragon (wind) and a Tiamat (water). Both of them are 'raised' from level 1 and have the highest loyalty toward my army.
Plus, the game won't allow more than two L-sized characters deployed in battle.

User Info: bunalz3

bunalz3
3 years ago#7
Tiamat is better than Hydra, IMO. Not that I ever use any of those dragons; too slow for my liking. Gorgons/Ghosts/Skeletons, however, are fun to have.
It's not easy to get things simple. It's not hard to make things difficult.

TopperCop
3 years ago#8
The key to using those L sized units is whether you're willing to take the time to farm the power-up items Aileron, Stone of Dragos, and WordRock. An equipped power-up item affects not only the corresponding unit it is equipped on, but also on one that is within a 3 panel range. If you have two Gryphons each carrying 4 Ailerons close to each other, both of them get a massive +40 modifier to attack and defense and that is huge on a flier/ranged attacker.

Problem is, the only place outside Hell Gate B100 where enemies have these is in the chapter 3 Gruborza Plains random battle. If you didn't take the opportunity to farm them and has already gone to chapter 4, don't bother then.

ekamown
3 years ago#9
I think Tiamat (I recruited one at Hell Gate in my past walkthrough) has slightly lower ATK compared to Hydra and my Holy Dragon.

Hydra is somewhat just a replacement of my Holy Dragon. I guess my Holy Dragon has slightly better stats since I got him in Chapter 1 as Level 1 Thunder Dragon and trained him all the way till his current level.

Aside from dragons, I don't really use L-sized characters.
I only use dragon in 'flat' area though. He has the same movement type as mage, right?

User Info: bunalz3

bunalz3
3 years ago#10
I think Tiamat has slightly lower ATK compared to Hydra and my Holy Dragon.
But it has the Terror Effect.
It's not easy to get things simple. It's not hard to make things difficult.
  1. Boards
  2. Tactics Ogre
  3. Holy Dragons and Tiamats

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived