Preferred Weapons

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tactics Ogre
  3. Preferred Weapons

User Info: ekamown

ekamown
3 years ago#1
Here's the list of preferred weapons for certain classes that I know:

Knight: Sword
Beast Tamer: Whip
Berzerker: Axe/Hammer
Ninja: Claw
Dragoon: Sword
Gunner: Gun
Terror Knight: Axe/Hammer
Archer: Bow/Crossbow
Dragon Tamer: Sword
Valkyrie: Spear
Angel Knight: Spear
Lizard Man: Axe/Hammer
Hawk Man: ???
Wizard/Exorcist/Warlock/Siren/Witch/Cleric/Priest/Lich: Staff

Do I miss something? Correct me if I'm wrong.
If you bump, try to bump with your back end.

User Info: TopperCop

TopperCop
3 years ago#2
Just read Town Knave's BMG guide and you'll see which class prefers what.

User Info: FooFightersFan

FooFightersFan
3 years ago#3
The Hawk Knight specializes in the hammer.

But in reality, almost all of the physical classes may as well specialize in Bow because that is more useful in most situations.

ekamown
3 years ago#4
That means Canopus also prefers use hammer as well, though I equip him with spear or whip

Does Terror Knight also prefer hammer as well? Or just axe?

FooFightersFan
3 years ago#5
Yeah I think each class only specializes in one weapon. The Berzerker and TC would be axe, and I think the Lizard Man is hammer.

But you're right; the bonus for using the preferred weapon is really not that big, so equipping them with a useful weapon (spear and whip are great because of the range) is usually more important than using the weapon they specialize in. If you have a weapon of their same element, that bonus is bigger than the bonus of using a preferred weapon.

ekamown
3 years ago#6
I thought preferred weapon was just for show. Such as knight swings his weapon a bit whenever attacking with sword.

Huh? TC? You mean Terror Knight?

FooFightersFan
3 years ago#7
Yes, I meant TK ;)

And preferred weapon actually does add an attack bonus from what I've read.

I just ran a quick test and that seems to be true. I equipped Denim with both a Short sword and Phlanka, and made him a Berzerker. Went into battle and used both weapons - the Phlanka was 93 damage and the Short sword was 86 damage.

I then switched classes to the Beast Tamer, who does not get a bonus on either weapon. As a Beast Tamer, the damage was Phlanka - 87, Short - 86. I wasn't able to test as a Knight since my test sample was Chaos aligned, but I imagine the Short damage would go up to 91 or 92.

User Info: TopperCop

TopperCop
3 years ago#8
You have to stack the bonuses to make it worthwhile. Just by itself, preferred weapon isn't all that great (only a +3 bonus), when compared to having a matching elemental weapon (gives +10 bonus).

ekamown
3 years ago#9
Short? I guess you mean Short Sword, right?
Since there's also Short Bow ;)

User Info: ZoqFotPik

ZoqFotPik
3 years ago#10
Angel Knights prefer spears? I thought they and the other demi-classes (outside of Lizards and Vultans) had no specific weapons? (Hawk Men, Faeries, Imps, Goblins, Skeletons, Cyclops, Giant...)

Actually wait, I think Medusas have affinity to Bows.

Also, I am unsure if magicians (and ghosts) have "affinity" with wands since they're terrible at attacking with them (physically).
I am not the FOT!
~~the Zoq, the Fot & the Pik~~
  1. Boards
  2. Tactics Ogre
  3. Preferred Weapons

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived