Re: Female classes broken?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tactics Ogre
  3. Re: Female classes broken?

User Info: atmasabr

atmasabr
11 months ago#1
First of all, the game allows you to increase every stat except for Agility. In my mind, that makes Agility the most important stat.

This is the traditional view and I agree with it. Technically I'd say it's the most valuable stat.

In an ordinary playthrough, you don't necessarily have infinite time to increase the other stats through cards without getting bored (although I admit I haven't reached Heigm yet), so I don't think it's that dramatic a difference.

I think one problem with the female classes is that they're not enough of them. They get amazing caster versatility with low warrior coverage, while male classes get amazing warrior versatility plus adequate caster coverage. Leveling up Chaotic females is challenging as well due to how few classes they qualify for.

I think you greatly undervalue magic in your other topic. Witches in particular get a very strong boost once the indirect support spells (Slowmove, Quick, Charge, etc.) become available.

Amazon - Better than Soldier, but who cares? Neither Amazon nor Soldier is a class that you'll ever legitimately want to use for more than a level or two.

That level or two just happens to include the brutal battle against Ganb. *Whooingshh!*

Archers also have higher attack and defense growth than Ninjas, and that drastic difference in Physical resistance completely changes how they play as bow users. It's what makes Archers function as frontline warriors who plant themselves and keep on firing, while Ninjas have to take a sniper role outside of enemy attack ranges.

The big advantage of Witches over Warlocks, Sword Masters, and even Liches is simplicity. They don't have the best overall stat package of female casters--Clerics do--but you can park someone in that class and leave her there for the rest of the game. They combine passable accuracy growth for their status spells, a high MP ceiling for their costly spells, good magic growth for Charge and Healrain, and the ability to equip three support spells. Sword Masters have to guess at which spell to take to battle and at whether they'll get any safe melee time. Warlocks get a huge WT penalty and don't want to actually level up as Warlocks unless they're going for a much narrower role than Witches. Even Liches suffer from only realistically being able to carry 1-2 support spells given their power with attack spells.

Priests actually have superior stat growth to Sirens (1 extra HP). I otherwise agree with you.

Valkyries play similarly to Archers only with more of a focus on attrition against enemy warriors instead of slaying enemies immediately. They are the only generic character class with both a good attack and magic attack growth, and rivaled only by Ghosts in their ability to cast magic from the front line safely, giving your army great range and the Valkyrie extra offensive kick when they're crowded from melee. The only male character who plays an equivalent role for most of the game is Denim. Valkyries sometimes need to retreat to be healed or may even die, but they can take another good hit after they're healed.
Do your own research!

User Info: gogues

gogues
11 months ago#2
Don't forget the Angel Knights! They're the best female fighters except for maybe the archer's higher speed, and they can cast the exorcism spell set as well as exorcists except with higher accuracy. And they have natural flying! Only real drawback is how hard they are to get.

atmasabr
11 months ago#3
Ah, yes. She's better than a Valkyrie. Actually it's like instead of giving Valkyries super magic in Ogre Battle they gave Angel Knights super fighting.

I looked up Enterai's Angel Knight build topic. I was very surprised by how late his build qualifies. That got me to wondering if my preference for the fastest Angel Knight possible yields the strongest Angel Knight possible in the long run.

It doesn't unless you rely heavily on cards. Which, of course, I do, so mine is stronger than the best I can do generically. On paper, though, the few extra Angel Knight level ups doesn't overtake the Cleric level-ups you'll use for MP. It actually works out better to do close to half Valkyrie and Amazon level-ups until you reach 92MP (that's around L27). Now, if Angel Knights had a better spell selection it might be a closer call. And of course, I've never reached Heigm.

In the short run, however, having an Angel Knight at some of the earlier Dark Knight battles is pretty awesome.
Do your own research!

User Info: gogues

gogues
10 months ago#4
I built one of those one play through and it was totally worth it, easily on the level of any special characters.

User Info: holyknight14

holyknight14
10 months ago#5
I love how quirky this game is.

atmasabr
10 months ago#6
gogues posted...
I built one of those one play through and it was totally worth it, easily on the level of any special characters.

Is that so? I should try creating a squad of them sometime.
Do your own research!

User Info: Folles

Folles
10 months ago#7
As expected from a Matsuno game.

Archers then Catiua before you unlock Necro + Retissue on this game.

Agrias > Orlandeau on FFT (a perfume can give her immortality).

There is a FFTA that do not have Matsuno on the team but anyway on both on those games female classes are better.

And for the PSP remake of TO you have Ozma twice as fast than anyone, Shaman the all girl class with insane damage output and Catiua if put effort into making Cursed weapons is the ultimate spellcaster.
:3

atmasabr
10 months ago#8
Catiua has a pretty badass portrait fully deserving of her new Lawful alignment, but I much prefer High Priest Kachua.
Do your own research!
  1. Boards
  2. Tactics Ogre
  3. Re: Female classes broken?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived