**How To Play Theme Hospital on 64-bit Windows 7**

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Theme Hospital
  3. **How To Play Theme Hospital on 64-bit Windows 7**

User Info: BBilbo1

BBilbo1
6 years ago#1
This is Copypasta. Not me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I might actually feel like playing Theme Hospital so I went ahead and downloaded it. You can find the download I used here:

http://www.bestoldgames.net/eng/old-games/theme-hospital.php

It's abandonware so don't feel bad about the free download, you're not pirating it or anything. I tried it out and it works fairly well on my Windows 7 machine. I'll give you a quick guide.

1. Create a folder you want to keep your DOS games in, I like to keep it simple by making it D:Games/DOS.
2. Unzip the game and place the entire folder into your newly created DOS folder.
3. Start up DOSBox.
4. In DOSBox, type in the following commands:
mount c d:/games/dos (Or the path to whatever your folder happens to be)
c:
dir
cd/themeh~1
dir
hospital
5. Now your game is running. Theme Hospital is somewhat newer for a DOS game, so you'll need to increase the speed of the DOSBox emulation to get it running a bit better. Press Ctrl and F12 to increase the speed of your "DOS PC". Keep pressing this until the game is running smoothly but not at a roadrunner pace. If you go too far you can press Ctrl and F11 to decrease the speed.
6. You can press Alt + Enter to make the game full screen. Although I've found this can sometimes make it act a little wonky.

There ya go, enjoy your classic game!
GamerTag: Hammer2Fall
  1. Boards
  2. Theme Hospital
  3. **How To Play Theme Hospital on 64-bit Windows 7**

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived