Perfect game, part 2

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Vandal Hearts
  3. Perfect game, part 2

User Info: Zadrieck_VH7

Zadrieck_VH7
3 months ago#151
FooFightersFan posted...
On a side note, I'm thinking of writing a review for this old game. Is 10/10 unbelievable? This game is perfect to me.

It really doesn't have any overt flaws besides not bringing anything new to the table. 10/10 is a good rating but I would personally give it a 9/10. Standard battle system with a great difficulty curve and a short story that still manages to be compelling don't leave a lot to be desired at all. If there were more battles to the plot or outside of it that really pushed your understanding of the mechanics (like the Crimson Guard ambush) and an option to skip the story segments on a second time playing perhaps, I would give it a 10/10. Also more room to work with Vandalier Ash besides the very last chapter where he is completely broken would be sweet.

User Info: Son_of_Efreet

Son_of_Efreet
3 months ago#152
Nice to see this thread is still alive!!! Haven't posted here in years, good to see some old faces still knocking about :)

The battle where the Crimson Guard ambush is one of my favourite and without the level trick I can beat it without losing anyone. My trick is using the crate to slow down Kurtz, keeping my team down where Dallas is (after I take him out with spells) and bottleneck with a guardsman until they all get picked off one by one. As none of them really have offensive spells and with a severe lack of archers they can tank pretty effectively, although perfect guard, mage gems and mega herbs are super important for this to work.

Thinking about it is making me want to have another play-through again :D

User Info: AnyNamesLeft1

AnyNamesLeft1
3 months ago#153
After my ambush I can't imagine not losing a single character. Maybe next play through I'll go with some armors.

It is amazing how a20 year break made me love the game 100x more
https://amomentinmymindblog.wordpress.com

User Info: thehauntedpc

thehauntedpc
3 months ago#154
I replay this game every now and then. It's one of my all time favourite games and I named my PSN profile after it.

I patiently wait for it to be re-released on PS3 / PS4 / PS Vita. I'm hoping after Suikoden 5 and Tactics are released they might move focus to this gem.

I had the enemy theme music as my phone ring tone at one point. An all time classic song for me.

Son_of_Efreet
3 months ago#155
AnyNamesLeft1 posted...
After my ambush I can't imagine not losing a single character. Maybe next play through I'll go with some armors.

I think it's always good to have one - they make good tanks, particularly for annoying ranged characters early in the game, shame that their speed makes their physical attack go to waste though.

AnyNamesLeft1
3 months ago#156
I remember the tanks being able to take a him years ago, but they moved so poorly they often times didn't really participate in battles until the end...

Now in at a cross roads because as swordsmen, Grid, Dolan and Clint were always the first characters to go down during my last run... They died so fast they often didn't participate in battles.

Son_of_Efreet
2 months ago#157
AnyNamesLeft1 posted...
Now in at a cross roads because as swordsmen, Grid, Dolan and Clint were always the first characters to go down during my last run... They died so fast they often didn't participate in battles.

I'm doing a run now and tempted to go back and change either Clint or Grog back to guardsmen... swordsmen/duellists really don't take damage well!

AnyNamesLeft1
2 months ago#158
And they could really stand to dish the damage better too. In hindsight the swordsmen were super useful for drawing attacks and grouping enemies together. Eleni and Zohar, by far has the most bodies under tier belts

User Info: Lastjustice

Lastjustice
2 months ago#159
AnyNamesLeft1 posted...

The fight with the Crimson Guard is probably the moment of glory for Armor. They can easily hold choke points while you rip apart the few you take at a time. I generally roll with mixed package, as the game is easy enough to beat with any line up. My favorite line up is 2 swordsman(Ash/Grog), 2 armor(Clint/Dolan), 2 airmen(Amon/Kira), 2 Archers (Diego/Darius) 2 Ninjas (Huxley/Eleni) 1 bishop (sara) 1 Enchanter (Zohar)

I pick based on what I think looks the coolest and what characters do heavy lifting with the role they have.
"Laws only exist when there's someone there to uphold them."
PSN:Lastjustice

AnyNamesLeft1
2 months ago#160
I actually considered that team before I went with my actual team. Maybe next time it's all armours
  1. Boards
  2. Vandal Hearts
  3. Perfect game, part 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

More topics from this board...
examine and pushkingwutugu38/17 7:04AM