New Contribution Disappeared?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Message Board Help
  3. New Contribution Disappeared?

User Info: Q91

Q91
7 months ago#1
Hello.

I've been using GameFAQs for a couple of years, but I have never registered an account on the website (I am currently a Rank 12 member of the site).

I wanted to contribute to the site and made a small inventory FAQ for the new Wonder Boy 3 remake for the Nintendo Switch. After pressing submit I was sent back to the "Contributor Central - Submit File" page. My Contribution page is also empty, but luckily my document still exist under "Existing Documents".

So, my questions are:
1) Is my FAQ submitted, but I can't see it until it has been reviewed?
2) My user Rank is to low and I am not allowed to submit?
3) I've discovered a bug?
// Q91 /\ KataStrofY /\ Samination \\

User Info: Mookiethebold

Mookiethebold
7 months ago#2
Does it say you have a submission in the queue on this page? - https://www.gamefaqs.com/contribute/contrib_status
get in line

Q91
7 months ago#3
Nope, it only shows "You have no contributions from the last three months."

Q91
7 months ago#4
I tried submitting the same document to the PS4 page aswell, I just get thrown back to the "Contributor Central - Submit File" page there aswell
(message deleted)

User Info: Krystal109

Krystal109
7 months ago#6
Are you hitting Submit File on the Editor page? That doesn't actually submit the file, it takes you to the location where you CAN submit the file.

To officially submit a file, go to this page: https://www.gamefaqs.com/contribute/submit_file
1) Click Submit a New Formatted FAQ
2) Search for the game and the platform
3) Select the FAQ from the FAQ Editor, type of FAQ, and level of completion (if available - In-depths FAQs must be complete to submit them)
4) Click Upload New File

Edit: Any future changes you'll submit as an Update to the FAQ from the same page.

Q91
7 months ago#7
So, you can't submit a FAQ created from the online editor?

Q91
7 months ago#8
Oh sorry, I didnt properly read the 2nd box on the right side... I guess I was being hasty (just like i wish i could use an edit button right now :P)

User Info: Krystal109

Krystal109
7 months ago#9
Q91 posted...
Oh sorry, I didnt properly read the 2nd box on the right side... I guess I was being hasty (just like i wish i could use an edit button right now :P)

No problem. The system is really outdated and while it would be great if you could go straight to the submission form from the Editor file, this is the best they can do at the moment. You still have to manually choose the right form and upload the file, even if you press submit from the Editor.

By the way, this all might change soon when they update the Editor:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000094-gamefaqs-contributors-faqs-and-guides/75136018
  1. Boards
  2. Message Board Help
  3. New Contribution Disappeared?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived