unsticky very old threads

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Message Board Help
  3. unsticky very old threads

User Info: hergman

hergman
1 month ago#1
is there a way to unsticky very old threads so they get archived?
i made the mistake of posting in the wild arms 2 and 4 sticky post and now those threads clogs my current topic list.
i find it strange that a game from the PS1 era like wild arms 2 still has a sticky thread
Giovanni : hahaha
Im the caid of my shoes and i control every toe-nail in it.

User Info: billyb2004

billyb2004
1 month ago#2
Sticky topics will remained stickied for as long as they're left up as a sticky topic. There's no time limit on how long a topic will stay as a sticky topic. Now just because it's an old game does not mean the topic isn't helpful to anyone who may still be playing that game, or anyone who may be looking for help or information since that's what sticky topics are for. It may be an old game but if the information in the sticky is important then it's likely going to stay as is.

You're welcomed to request for the topic to be unstickied if you believe it's no longer an important topic, as that's the only reason the topic may be unstickied. Select "sticky" in the first post and add in a brief note in the text box.
You can observe a lot just by watching.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1050-achievement-and-trophy-hunters

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
1 month ago#3
I see that as an advantage, as if you are looking to have a high "active messages posted" count, those posts will stay active. I tend to like posting in sticky topics if I feel I have info about the respective game that I think would benefit other users.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: Mookiethebold

Mookiethebold
1 month ago#4
Delete your posts from those topics and they'll be removed from your AMP.
no time this time

hergman
1 month ago#5
TriforceSD posted...
I see that as an advantage, as if you are looking to have a high "active messages posted" count, those posts will stay active. I tend to like posting in sticky topics if I feel I have info about the respective game that I think would benefit other users.

thats the exact opposite attitude to me

the less active stuff there is, the less i have to worry about stuff

User Info: DragonGirlYuki

DragonGirlYuki
1 month ago#6
Tagging stickies is an effective way to inflate your AMP as these topics are rarely unstickied, especially ones on game boards.

Community boards are also another good place to hunt stickies, but they are not as effective at generating permanent AMP as they can be deleted or unstickied at the owner's whim. Some owners also get mad if you tag their sticky. Those owners may give you a harmless community moderation or blacklist you from their (dead) board.
~Yuki~

hergman
1 month ago#7
the heck is AMP?

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
1 month ago#8
Active Messages Posted
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

hergman
1 month ago#9
DragonGirlYuki posted...
Tagging stickies is an effective way to inflate your AMP as these topics are rarely unstickied, especially ones on game boards.

Community boards are also another good place to hunt stickies, but they are not as effective at generating permanent AMP as they can be deleted or unstickied at the owner's whim. Some owners also get mad if you tag their sticky. Those owners may give you a harmless community moderation or blacklist you from their (dead) board.

so, if AMP means "Active messages posted", then my goal is that this number reach Zero
none
no activity

and those Sticky topics cramps that

User Info: Mookiethebold

Mookiethebold
1 month ago#10
hergman posted...
and those Sticky topics cramps that

Did you ignore my previous post where I told you the solution to your "problem"?
in repair
  1. Boards
  2. Message Board Help
  3. unsticky very old threads

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived