Feature Bookmark is so ANNOYING!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Message Board Help
  3. Feature Bookmark is so ANNOYING!

User Info: Jachan19

Jachan19
2 months ago#1
Each time I come back to this website for a guide, this feature Bookmark (not PC-version, i mean GAMEFAQS version itself) keep ask if I would view the previous spot... I NEVER want that. So, I kept click "None" to remove it, so i can read text behind it... Next time, it come back like it's a haunted ghost. It's so annoying... It did asked in rare chance if I want to remove bookmark, I did that... it still comes back. =/
Also, it have been on the very same spot from last time I visited, it still ask me if I want to go back to previous view... I mean, why do it have to ask if the previous view-spot is EXACTLY where you are already looking at?

Can you please make it stop bug me? I NEVER ever click your bookmark and it ASKED me if I want to go back to previous-view place??? That's so rude to be like a scammer... or a guy to throw tons of flyers to the same person daily where guy never recognize that familiar person for few straight weeks.
PSN - JachanFlame19

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
2 months ago#2
Uh... Can you explain what feature you're talking about? What are you using to access the site? That doesn't sound like anything that this site has.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

Jachan19
2 months ago#3
Okay, I will grab the image and show you this. Hold on a moment.
Here it is.
https://i.imgur.com/Akb13Bf.jpg
PSN - JachanFlame19

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
2 months ago#4
Huh, I swear I've never seen that feature before. I looked it up and apparently it was added 2 years ago. I know I've read some guides since then so I have no idea how I've never seen this...

After testing it out, the "Jump to Location" does indeed pop up any time you click on a guide that you've already clicked on, regardless of bookmarking or not. And actually I can totally see how that would get annoying if you're constantly re-opening the guide. It covers the text and you'd have to close it every time, and you're not even using the feature it offers. This is a valid complaint.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

Jachan19
2 months ago#5
-hotdogturtle-- posted...
After testing it out, the "Jump to Location" does indeed pop up any time you click on a guide that you've already clicked on, regardless of bookmarking or not. And actually I can totally see how that would get annoying if you're constantly re-opening the guide. It covers the text and you'd have to close it every time, and you're not even using the feature it offers. This is a valid complaint.

Exactly what I did posted about few days ago.
Is there no way to disable this feature?
PSN - JachanFlame19
  1. Boards
  2. Message Board Help
  3. Feature Bookmark is so ANNOYING!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived