Neubie question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: mipond

mipond
4 weeks ago#1
What is the difference between: Community boards - Private, Community boards - Social, and Special Social Boards?

I ask because I was invited to a private board, and got an invitation. I also received an invitation to a Social Community board. I have another Social Community board that I post on occasionally for which I didn't get an invitation to. I occasionally post on a Special Social Board for which I did not get an invitation to.

Was just curious as to how these all work. Thank you.
"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.". Winnie The Pooh.

User Info: Mauron

Mauron
4 weeks ago#2
Community boards are created by users, with different purposes. Social are general discussion, listed publicly, and may or may not require invites. Private community boards are unlisted, and invite only (not 100% sure if that's a requirement, but most would be).

Special Social boards are old series social boards, a concept that was discontinued ages ago. Some of the more popular ones were kept and had all links removed to them.
You roll 3d0, a wormhole erupts in your hand and swallows the universe. ~ HyperRyun
http://maurtopia.com

mipond
4 weeks ago#3
Thank you.
"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.". Winnie The Pooh.

User Info: gnomefromnome

gnomefromnome
4 weeks ago#4
There's a few 'private' boards that do not require invites, just that you can meet certain requirements, like The Space Bar.
Oh my God... That was the dumbest collection of dumbosity I've ever seen! - Famine
https://youtu.be/pOtTxMC1ZZQ

mipond
4 weeks ago#5
Oh I didn't know that. Thanks!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived