Name That Tune! 2012: Final Results

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Competitions
  3. Name That Tune! 2012: Final Results

User Info: DDJ

DDJ
5 years ago#1
Below are the final standings for the 2012 Name That Tune! Contest. Congratulations to all the winners!

1. VinnieMac: 254 points -- Wins 200 karma!
2. ff6man: 239 points -- Wins 100 karma!
3. Ed Bellis: 206 points -- Wins 50 karma!
4. xp1337: 165 points -- Wins 30 karma!
5. Dark RPG Wizard 06: 153.5 points -- Wins 30 karma!
6. Grand Kirby: 143 points
7. superangelo128: 122 points
8. LordOfDabu: 117 points
9. Earthshaker: 113.5 points
10. The Mana Sword: 109 points
11. Celtic7Guardian: 107.5 points
12. TheKnightOfNee: 102.5 points
13. Terotrous: 101 points
14. Lokarin: 99 points
15. Bokothechoco2: 98.5 points
16. AzuraSolo: 92 points
17. Ytterbium_70: 85 points
18. Kenri: 78.5 points
19. Hyper Inferno: 71.5 points
20. kaiserzero61: 70 points

VinnieMac, though, has graciously offered to pass on his karma prizes for several reasons, so I'll be bumping the karma prizes down a slot for each of the past four contests, as well as this overall contest. That means that each Top-5 finisher from April, May, June and Overall will receive one karma prize higher (and The Mana Sword, Dark RPG Wizard 06, Ytterbium_70, and GrandKirby will now receive the 5th-place prize for each contest).

The answers to the five songs that were never guessed are as follows:
February, #24: Ace Combat 5 -- interestingly, two other Ace Combat games were correctly guessed, so I was a bit surprised no one got this since several people mentioned looking into series that seemed to come up more than once.
April, #24: Tiny Toon Adventures: Babs' Big Break - also, props to VinnieMac for noticing I initially left the answer visible when I posted the results.
June, #14: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit -- I have nothing interesting to say about this.
June, #25: I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream -- A few times people have mentioned being tuned to certain games because I've either reviewed them or written about them in my lists, and this was a direct play on that.

Congratulations again to all the winners! You'll receive your karma prizes soon... and I mean it this time.

If anyone is interested in hearing some more contest stats, let me know and I'll be happy to provide them.
Sign the Petition for hit-tracking for Top 10 Lists:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/63141023

User Info: The Mana Sword

The Mana Sword
5 years ago#2
I suppose 10th place is alright considering I missed the January contest. Probably could have jumped to 7th or 8th otherwise.

Oh well!
I'm no longer a Nadal supporter. Andy Murray is my new favorite player/person. -Princess Anri

User Info: IceQueenZer0

IceQueenZer0
5 years ago#3
I guess I was wrong about April #24, I never heard it before afterall. I only knew it was a GB game based on the sound quality.

Oh wait!! What was June #20?
---
http://www.youtube.com/PurrfectTrio. The next generation hath come. 3rd gen FAQer, go me.
PSN= AzulFria. Ice Queen Alpha coming Jul/Aug '12... yes it's a girl.

DDJ
5 years ago#4
Oh, sorry, that was Echo Night. Forgot to include that one above.

User Info: SwordOfLight

SwordOfLight
5 years ago#5
DDJ nice work hosting those contests and congrats to the winners.
Signature

User Info: Ytterbium_70

Ytterbium_70
5 years ago#6
June, #25: I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream

Oh bloody hell I played that!

Only my parents took away the disc before I beat it. Whoopedoo.
HK-47: The very best there is when you absolutely positively have to kill every meatbag in the room. Accept no substitutes!

User Info: Ytterbium_70

Ytterbium_70
5 years ago#7
Anyways, good contest! It was fun for the time I was in (I thought I had to name the song name for March so I didn't enter)
HK-47: The very best there is when you absolutely positively have to kill every meatbag in the room. Accept no substitutes!

User Info: ff6man

ff6man
5 years ago#8
These were awesome DJ, thanks for holding them! And you're awesome as well, Vinniemac. :-D That's a lot of karma heading my way. :3
Supernicedog wrecked me in the guru!

User Info: R351D3NT3V1L4

R351D3NT3V1L4
5 years ago#9
Had VinnieMac accepted the karma, how much would he have gotten? Because he would probably be #1 on the highest karma list.
Solid Snake is an erectile dysfunction pill (/).-)
Number of Brawl topics: OVER 9000!! - Fri. Oct. 12/07

DDJ
5 years ago#10
He would've gotten 500 -- 100 for each of the last three contests and 200 for this. You're right, that definitely would've put him at the top.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Competitions
  3. Name That Tune! 2012: Final Results

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived