December 2017: Holiday Plans!

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Competitions
  3. December 2017: Holiday Plans!

User Info: AssultTank

AssultTank
1 week ago#1
Hello everyone, welcome back to GameFAQs Competitions!

First, a disclaimer; This competition is not officially sponsored by GameFAQs or CBS Interactive and all monetary rewards have been provided by the moderation staff.

Now that we have the legal stuff out of the way, this month your task is to tell us what your favorite video game character is doing for the holidays!

You can tell your story using text, images, or if you're feeling ambitious video or mp3 format. Then, the moderation staff will vote on the entries, and the top five will win prizes. 50 karma will be awarded as the grand prize, as well as four 10 karma runner-up prizes.

To enter, create your work, and then upload it to a third-party site; for example, YouTube for videos, pastebin for text, Imgur or Imgtc for images, or MediaFire for other file types. Then, enter with the link.

Important! Please submit your captions in this topic using the following format:

Entry: http://www.yourentryurl.com/thisisanexampleurl

I cannot guarantee your entries will be considered if they are not in this format.You can include other text in the post, so long as the above text appears on its own line somewhere in your entry.

The deadline for entry will be in two weeks, on December 19th at 11:59PM Eastern Results will be posted on December 27th

Notes
1. Joint entries are permitted, each user involved will receive half the prize if that entry wins.

2. Maximum two entries per user, but only one winning entry per user. If you enter twice and both qualify for prizes, your higher-place entry will receive the prize karma, and lower-placed entries will be bumped up.

3. All work must be original. That's not to say that you can't use other images, music, etc. as part of your entry so long as your usage of that other content falls under the privileges granted by Fair Use, but the actual end product must be your own.

4. The Terms of Service still apply -- don't post any entries that violate any of the normal terms of service.

5. Mark your spoilers. If your entry somehow spoils some game, note before the link to the entry what game is being spoiled.

6. To change your entry, delete your original post. I won't be compiling a list of entries until the deadline passes, so as long as your post is visible at the deadline, it'll be added.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/20- Monthly Competitions with Karma or Steam/Amazon prizes!
RIP Mith. You were a good friend and will be missed. ;-;

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
1 week ago#2
I'm vaguely tempted to write something Doki Doki Literature Club-themed.

I must be a terrible person. :3
Maybe I'll put something here one day.

User Info: candlefighter

candlefighter
1 week ago#3
I'm reposting this because I didn't get an official answer. the only one I got was from Earthshaker.

I have questions. do you guys hate Canada as much as Gamfaqs/CBS/CBSi do? if you don't, what happens if a Canadian wins? what kind of Amazon card do you give them? An American one might get them more initially cause it's cheaper over there but not all sellers ship to Canada. Also, there's the shipping cost problem. if you give them a Canadian one, do you give them the amount you advertise in Canadian or American? if it's in American, they get about an extra $14 in Canadian money.

edit: what's the definition of video game character? a character that only appears in video games? one that started in video games but jumped to other mediums? what about one that started in another medium but jumped into video games?
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: AssultTank

AssultTank
1 week ago#4
candlefighter posted...
I'm reposting this because I didn't get an official answer. the only one I got was from Earthshaker.

I have questions. do you guys hate Canada as much as Gamfaqs/CBS/CBSi do? if you don't, what happens if a Canadian wins? what kind of Amazon card do you give them? An American one might get them more initially cause it's cheaper over there but not all sellers ship to Canada. Also, there's the shipping cost problem. if you give them a Canadian one, do you give them the amount you advertise in Canadian or American? if it's in American, they get about an extra $14 in Canadian money.

edit: what's the definition of video game character? a character that only appears in video games? one that started in video games but jumped to other mediums? what about one that started in another medium but jumped into video games?

We just do American gift cards. What tends to happen is that it gets purchased on the day the competition is posted.

And a video game character is a character in video games. Not too fussed about if they started in other mediums or not. I mean, if someone really wanted, they could do a Forza type submission... <_<
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/20- Monthly Competitions with Karma or Steam/Amazon prizes!
RIP Mith. You were a good friend and will be missed. ;-;

User Info: candlefighter

candlefighter
1 week ago#5
thanks! dn_nb

User Info: Happy1912

Happy1912
1 week ago#6
Ooh, I better do this one! I love writing ones!
FC 0361-6489-6518 Animal Crossing CB http://goo.gl/Q7QKaS 3DS XL FC 3755-2065-2060

User Info: Earthshaker

Earthshaker
1 week ago#7
Eevee-Trainer posted...
I'm vaguely tempted to write something Doki Doki Literature Club-themed.

I must be a terrible person. :3

>del. Eevee-Trainer.chr
[Brackets.] - Current goal (11/5/17): Work through backlog.

User Info: Emulator

Emulator
1 week ago#8
I got my previous competitions karma points. 😁
"It's not death I'm feared of, I'm just feared of doing nothing in life." - Sahil Bawalia
http://karma.hardcore-tm.com/?user=Emulator
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Ludwig Von 2

Ludwig Von 2
1 week ago#9
Here's a little story I wrote. It features Link and Mario discussing who has had the tougher adventures while Zelda and Peach prepare Christmas Eve dinner. Spoilers for The Legend of Zelda series, I suppose. It's a fairly quick read, hope you enjoy :)

https://pastebin.com/21dPUgGV
My luck works best when things are... random. Mat Cauthon from The Dragon Reborn
AssultTank posted...
Important! Please submit your captions in this topic using the following format:

...captions?
Tired of the spam on the PotD board? Want to actually talk about the GameFAQs Poll of the Day? So do we!
http://tinyurl.com/GF-APotD
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Competitions
  3. December 2017: Holiday Plans!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.