I'm making the mistake of posting my backlog again

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm making the mistake of posting my backlog again

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
10 months ago#1
Hi everyone! So, here I am again with my backlog, but I think I'm gonna do it differently this time around. Instead of posting by system, I'll try and post it on a "priority" of sorts, organized more or less by how far into the game I am/my surrounding circumstance with it. Sounds fun? I think so!

Currently Playing:
Overwatch
Rocket League
Ratchet and Clank

Since Overwatch is a limited time beta, it's taking up a majority of my gaming time. It helps that I have a lot of friends playing it, so we're usually 4+ deep when playing. Trying to que solo is a horrible experience. The beta ends Wednesday, and I don't think I'm picking up the full version unless it goes on sale. When I'm not playing that, I'm trying to get back onto ranked Rocket League. It isn't going that well! Playing as inconsistently as I do, it's hard to keep the skills sharp. Still a fun game though. Ratchet and Clank is there only because it's the disc that's currently in my PS4. I got Platinum with the game like a week ago, and I've no urge to pick it up again anytime soon. Still a fun game, but the lack of content leaves something to be desired. Content is also an issue with Overwatch.

Next up after Overwatch:
Dark Souls 3

This is what I wad firmly committed to for awhile. 20+hours the first week, abs I stayed to burn out a bit. I switched over to Ratchet and Clank, and by the time I was done there Overwatch came out. I'm committed to at least beating the game once. We'll see about NG+ or alternate builds after that.

I stopped playing because I hit a roadblock:
Tales of Zesteria
Titan Souls
Banjo Tooie (restart)
Donkey Kong 64 (restart)
Bomberman 64 (restart)

So, here's where I got frustrated and quit playing, more or less. For Tales, I got stuck at a boss, and when I looked up help for said boss, I ran into some decent spoilers. So I'm stuck, playing a game that has been partially spoiled...killed it for me. I'm stubborn and playing on hard as well. I want to go back to it though. Titan Souls is just hard. Can't beat any of the bosses I'm at. Stuck. The N64 games are all ones I got significantly far as a kid and restarted somewhat recently. Tooie I beat but never got all the jiggies. The frame rates give me motion sickness, so I've stopped playing. DK64 I got everything except the Nintendo Coin as a kid. Started over abs got up to area 4. Felt like I was playing and inferior BK game, so I switched to Tooie at the time. Bomberman I never unlocked the Golden area without a GameShark. I wanted to do it legit, but man, I am not great at this game...the exploration aspect of it at least. All this hidden s*** AND I CAN'T GET TO IT UGGGHHHH!!!

Games I stopped playing because I burnt out/felt like I'm doing something wrong:
Tales of Zesteria
Dark Souls 3
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Xillia 2
Shadow of Mordor
Final Fantasy VII

I'll cut it off here because typing on mobile is a royal pain in the ass. More later!
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: GMTELigence

GMTELigence
10 months ago#2
Last year around the holidays I picked up DK 64 for the Virtual Console. Some parts I found significantly more challenging than back when I played the game in 2001. I think I still have about 25 Golden Bananas and the final boss battle to complete.
Let NOTHING stand in your way.

LinkPrime1
10 months ago#3
I think I got in the ballpark of 50 when I stopped playing. I got the Nintendo Coin though, which is impressive enough. The sigh of relief I gave when I finally beat it...ahhhh...
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22

LinkPrime1
10 months ago#4
Alright, where was I...

Games I stopped playing because I burnt out/felt like I'm doing something wrong:
Tales of Zesteria
Dark Souls 3
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Xillia 2
Shadow of Mordor
Final Fantasy VII
Suikoden
Xenoblade Chronicles

There might be more missing from this list, not sure. Zesteria and Souls have been talked about already. Both Tales games I just burnt out. Abyss, following a guide, I got to a point where it was like "DO EVERY SIDEQUEST NOW" and like 40 hours in, getting to the point where I was before restarting, I was just like "noo....". Xillia 2 got way too crazy and I deal horribly with decisions, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS! Just...too much... Shadow of Mordor I thought I was going through too quickly, so I stopped playing. I learned later that there's a second area, so that's awesome! I haven't gotten back to it yet though. FFVII was weird. I dunno. After getting Red, it just felt like I was doing something wrong, or progressing too quickly or something...I dunno. Odd. Suikoden I was looking up where someone is in the tower, because I couldn't find him. Got some serious spoilers looking for that info, and all because I forgot to save after getting him...so when I reloaded, he wasn't even there...I keep getting f***ing lost in Xenoblade. Where the f*** is Digit 5 beach? f***.

Games I stopped playing because...reasons...: (no restart)
Chrono Trigger
Dishonored
Persona 3
Final fantasy XIII
Mass Effect 2
Xenosaga (the first one)
Bioshock Infinite
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

There's a whole bunch more, but these are the important ones. Chrono Trigger I literally have to turn the game on, and beat the boss...twice. Yes. I've gotten through the main story TWICE and all the sidequests TWICE and still haven't beaten the damn game. Both times I messed up Lara's legs though... Dishonored I'm on the final mission. Just like...didn't play it. Persona 3 I'm far as hell, same with FFXIII. And Bioshock. Metal Gear I'm only on mission 2 or 3...but I really need to beat it...

LinkPrime1
10 months ago#5
I'm really missing a lot, I should've just referenced my old topic. Oh well.

Played Dark Souls 3 for awhile last night, and I'm already committed to beating it and creating a second character with a different build (currently INT/DEX and will create a STR/FTH...FAI...Faith, whatever the hell the 3 letter abbreviation is).

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
10 months ago#6
My roommate and I are currently playing through Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze on Wii U. The difficulty level is borderline unforgiving but we're still enjoying it. I play as DK and he plays as Diddy. It's extremely nice of the game to give us 4 lives every time we start the game with zero, but restarting a level costs us two lives each time. The controls aren't as tight as I want them to be, but it's still a fun game and on par with Donkey Kong Country Returns on the Wii.

I only have a small number of sidequests (affinity missions) left for Xenoblade Chronicles X, but these unfortunately require me to grind affinity points with the party members I neglected while I was playing through more of the main game. I've already crafted the ultimate mech and can take out 95% of enemies in just one or two shots with it. The main exceptions are the superbosses, which I'm not sure if I have the patience to take care of or not. The game has been exceptionally good to me though, and after over 150 hours of playtime (I can't believe that either) it's been a really good purchase.

I started Tales of Xillia on PS3 because I forgot I picked it up during a sale awhile back. I got through the introduction and enjoyed it a lot, but it will probably be long moments between picking it up again.

I started Fire Emblem: Awakening on the 3DS and got to an early mission that stopped me last time. I've put it on hold for now. I also picked up Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright when it was on sale but I have yet to even open it, but I do want to play through that as well.

Most of my gaming is concentrated around playing with friends every other week or so. We usually play Smash 4 on Wii U, but I also picked up Runbow on the most recent Nintendo Humble Bundle so I'm going to see if we can give that a try as well. Very rarely I'll also pop in Mario Maker and play a few levels, and that's always fun too.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

LinkPrime1
10 months ago#7
Xillia is fantastic. Are you playing through as Jude? If not, I highly suggest you start over as him. He's the intended first-playthrough character. The Milla version is more meant for NG+.

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
10 months ago#8
I did start with Jude, and I played through the beginning to get past the first time you do a "favor mission" for someone. The only other Tales game I've finished was Tales of Symphonia. I picked it up along with its sequel during the PSN Store sale but I don't like how ToS plays on PS3.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
10 months ago#9
Man I still have yet to complete Bioshock. Like, the first one.

LinkPrime1
10 months ago#10
The favor mission...hmm, I can't remember for some reason. The game gets progressively better as it goes on.

Bioshock is fanatic as well! Go beat it!
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm making the mistake of posting my backlog again

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.