I'm making the mistake of posting my backlog again

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm making the mistake of posting my backlog again

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 year ago#11
LinkPrime1 posted...
The favor mission...hmm, I can't remember for some reason. The game gets progressively better as it goes on.

Bioshock is fanatic as well! Go beat it!

You land in the city across the water and Mila needs help with her swordplay, so you ask a citizen to take on a mercenary mission to eliminate monsters near a spot where the people get their water. It's fairly early on.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
1 year ago#12
Ah, okay I remember now!

Yep, you've got a looooooong road ahead haha.

Actually, the game only took me about 40 hours or so my first time through. Pretty short by Tales standards.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

LinkPrime1
1 year ago#13
Overwatch is only $40, and Rainbow 6 Siege got a free update.

Wooo.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22

LinkPrime1
1 year ago#14
So only being $40 is PC only. Womp. Still gonna get it though, even if the console version is inferior.

LinkPrime1
1 year ago#15
Dark Souls is keeping my interest. Beat 5 bosses over the weekend, but I think I'm gonna plateau again. The next 2 areas I'm up to are quite difficult...

LinkPrime1
1 year ago#16
Overwatch!

User Info: PaperSpock

PaperSpock
1 year ago#17
I've heard good things about that. How's it been going?
Fame is but a slow decay.
-Theodore Tilton

LinkPrime1
1 year ago#18
It's going alright. Kind of frustrating when your teammates just pick whoever they want over what will help the team.

It can be tons of fun though and games usually come down to the wire.

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 year ago#19
I convinced my girlfriend that indie games can be fun, so I went and added all of my missing Humble Indie Bundle licenses to Steam and anyway I have 215 games in there and there are about 100 I haven't even installed. Though I just finished Cave Story and The Swapper, two classics of the current indie boom. I recommend both, but I recognize that I'm kind of a Last Horse on that one.

Meanwhile, installing Tie Fighter to see if it even works on a modern system. I haven't gotten it to work since Windows 98.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 year ago#20
Update: It runs but man this thing has some weird ideas about mapping to gamepad buttons. I remember feeling like I needed three hands to play this game twenty years ago, and now it's just that much worse (though I do feel a bit like a boss flicking a dozen switches just to like turn on the windshield wipers).

The striking thing is that graphics actually look pretty good--if anything it's the sound that's really weirdly dated. I think I'm so used to retro soundtracks--that are in the style of chiptunes but use modern technology--that actually hearing sound generated within the limits of a late 90s home computer is weird and hollow (though I got used to it pretty quickly!).

It's good though! I lost Mission 1.1 three times due to stupid mistakes I made, thus vindicating that one retrospective that was like "TIE Fighter is still really good, because every time you fail you completely feel like it's your fault." Well okay, the first time I lost because I couldn't figure out how to steer and they start you off heading full throttle at a space station, but otherwise, all on me.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm making the mistake of posting my backlog again

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived