I'm making the mistake of posting my backlog again

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm making the mistake of posting my backlog again

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
4 months ago#161
The FFXII remaster is next on the list when it comes out next Tuesday
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

LinkPrime1
4 months ago#162
Owned, but haven't been able to play. Tonight is the night.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
4 months ago#163
I've never played a Professor Layton game, but on a whim, I picked up Curious Village. I'm really enjoying it. I'm much better at this kind of puzzle than the "lateral-thinking" kind that characterizes graphic adventure games.

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

LinkPrime1
4 months ago#164
I've heard good things about those games. Have fun!

I've finally got my jobs sorted for FFXII. Copied from the ZSB:

I ended up following the jobs in this post:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/191202-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/75477310

I really did end up stressing over it much more than I should've, and kind of felt bad for following a guide instead of doing what I wanted to, but the recommended party comp matched up REALLY well with what I wanted to do.

Pasted for reference & comments:

Vaan: Breaker/Hunter (Shikari)
Definitely was going Shikari for Vaan, but the second job was certainly up for discussion. Originally, I was going for Monk with him (following a "lore and utility" job distribution), which I wasn't crazy about (wanted Balthier for that class). The more research I did, the more I was intrigued by Forebreaker. From going to Penelo, to Fran, and then finally settling on Vaan. Evidently, it's also a massively overpowered combination for endgame too.

Penelo: White Mage/Machinist
She was always going to be a White Mage, and I was going either Foebreaker or Machinist, after figuring that putting 2 mage jobs on her wouldn't be ideal. She apparently has the quickest attack speed with guns out of everyone, plus getting some time magic with the job. Win/win and apparently the best white mage job combo.

Basch: Samurai (Bushi)/Knight
This is what I wanted from the start. I never used katanas, so I'm looking forward to that.

Balthier: Black Mage/Monk
The setup I'm least happy with, but I think I'll manage. I didn't want Black Mage on him, but once I get Monk unlocked, I think I'll be MUCH happier with the setup. Arguably the best all-around offense in the game, on the fastest character? I'm cool with that.

Asche: Time Mage/Uhlan
Again, what I wanted from the start. The other guide had her as a knight instead, and I was kind of sold on her using greatswords... but the Time Battlemage can gain access to them, so it's a win/win for me.

Fran: Red Mage/Archer
For the third time, what I wanted from the start. Other list was going Black Mage instead of Red Battlemage, but not having any real White magic until getting Penelo wasn't a cool look IMO. I didn't use Arcane much in my last go-around, but hopefully I'll be more committed to it.

There really is no wrong answer or setup though.

Saved just outside the Mimic Queen. I was having issues in the pass, which made me cave and finally pick jobs.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm making the mistake of posting my backlog again

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived