I'm making the mistake of posting my backlog again

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm making the mistake of posting my backlog again

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 months ago#91
As far as you can tell, is the world "If you can see it, you can go there?" That was one thing that I absolutely loved in Xenoblade Chronicles X; almost nothing in the world is walled off and with enough tenacity or enough upgrades to your movement, you can go anywhere you can see in the game.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#92
I'm going to lean towards yes for that one. The world feels absolutely massive, and I've only been in a small protion of it (not including Episode Duscae, which was a demo that was available awhile back).

Oh! Download and play Platinum Demo first before playing the game. There's no plot elements in it, but you'll get an NPC to carry over into the main game, and it's a very good into to how combat operates (though it feels a bit smoother in the final game). Episode Duscae is only available to people who had Day 1 Final Fantasy Type 0. But it could be in all games for all I know.

The amount of media for this game is staggering. I still can't fully believe I'm actually playing the game.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#93
I'm on the second island in Sun now. I ordered the Collector's Edition guide and this thing looks amazing.

Doing side quests in the second area of FFXV. Taking my time, praying I forget this stupid spoiler.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22

Kylo Force
3 months ago#94
I picked up a PS4 and FFXV over the weekend and I am having a blast with it and also taking my time with it. I'm about 7 hours in and spoke to the reporter at the dock at the first seaside location to arrange a ride on the ferry, but overnight you hear that the Crown City gets attacked. I finished the mission that comes immediately after that, and then started doing sidequests for people.

Combat is fun but doesn't feel as clean as it could be. I'm either missing or am just bad at seeing visual cues for my character getting attacked, so I can't dodge and block as elegantly as I think I'm supposed to be able to. The other thing that happened while attempting to do a sidequest for the reporter: It directed me to go to a mineral deposit site where a certain rock was found, and when I got there, a few high level (level 22ish) rhinoceros monsters spawned and attacked me, AND THEN about a dozen army guys got airdropped right on top of me, and even more reinforcements came and attacked before I could even finish off the first mob. When I finished killing them all, I still couldn't find anything within the boundaries of the quest marker to pick up to finish the sidequest.

I'm going to retry that one later to see if it changes. I'm having a lot of fun with it and I love seeing the banter between the characters.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#95
I absolutely love the banter, and the fact that nearly everything is VA'd.

Paragon has been the flavor of the month. Blame my friends for that one.

Kylo Force
3 months ago#96
I've just hit level 42ish and I'm still in Chapter 6 in FFXV. Going to try to make good headway into the game this weekend. It is sometimes frustratingly flawed, but I'm still enjoying it.

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#97
Bump.

Spoilers are destroying my enjoyment of FFXV. Friend's brother just decided to throw competently unmarked endgame spoilers as a status.

f*** everything.

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
3 months ago#98
Leavitt, J. D., & Christenfeld, N. J. S. (2011). Story spoilers don't spoil stories. Psychological Science, 22, 1152–1154. doi:10.1177/0956797611417007. Retrieved from http://pages.ucsd.edu/~nchristenfeld/Publications_files/Spoilers.pdf

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#99
Downloaded. Will probably read tomorrow, thanks Kodi

Kylo Force
3 months ago#100
I got to the final chapter of FFXV last night and will probably finish it tomorrow night. It's an uneven, bumpy, and sometimes unbearable ride, but I have to say that despite all of that, I've really enjoyed it. Will probably keep playing well beyond into the postgame.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm making the mistake of posting my backlog again

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.