It occurs to me that we haven't come together to talk about Stardew Valley

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. It occurs to me that we haven't come together to talk about Stardew Valley

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
2 months ago#11
Maybe Megaman Legends is the Megaman for you, then? (I dunno, I haven't played it - the disc I bought of it was bugged or scratched or something and I couldn't advance beyond a certain point quite early in the game.)
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: BUM

BUM
2 months ago#12
Megaman games I never did play, either. Megaman Legends is a game I love. For years I've wanted to replay it. I mean, it is not really in my place any more to do so, if I intend to become a priest. But I do still think about that game, and would recommend it.
SIGNATURE

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
2 months ago#13
willis5225 posted...
I've never played Megaman. I dunno, I didn't have an SNES growing up

The original Mega Man series was mostly on the NES, not the SNES, you filthy casual.

I played Mega Men 2 and 3. I never played any games in the Mega Man X series, but I'm a big fan of the soundtracks.

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

Jacehan
2 months ago#14
The X games actually have a fair amount of exploration in order to find upgrades and such. And while not exactly Metroidesque, you do use your new powers and new upgrades to reach previously unreachable places in previous levels.
Paper Mario Social:

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
2 months ago#15
My first Mega Man game was Network Transmission on the GameCube. f***ing fantastic.

I've only played 9, but I also have 10.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

Jacehan
2 months ago#16
Oh yeah, Network Transmission was great. And that one's much more Metroidvania-y than any of the X games.
Paper Mario Social:

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 months ago#17
One of my bro-eyier friends has my gamecube. I keep thinking about buying a Wii U upon completion of certain life goals on the assumption that it's backwards compatible but really I have no idea one way or another.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: zztman5

zztman5
2 months ago#18
I would probably properly play Stardew Valley it if there were more places to save than at your bed. I often have a need to put games down on short notice to do other things.

It would probably help a lot if the game was on 3DS!
Ryan Stiles: Blue Suede Shoes?
Colin Mochrie: ...nice pants? - Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Song Titles

Jacehan
2 months ago#19
Wii U is backwards compatible with Wii, but not GC. (The Wii is compatible with the GC.)
Paper Mario Social:

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 months ago#20
Some friends and I were discussing Stardew Valley last weekend; apparently it was all made by one guy? I thought that was really impressive.

I remember seeing the original Nintendo Power articles for Harvest Moon when I was really young and wanting to try it, but it was one of those games that never came to our local game rental shop and I never saw it in any stores. I eventually got the one on the OG Game Boy and really liked it, which I think helped fuel my love for the original Animal Crossing.

Also, Mega Man is great. Still one of my favorite franchises of all time.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. It occurs to me that we haven't come together to talk about Stardew Valley

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived