I have a date Friday night

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I have a date Friday night

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
4 months ago#1
Sheeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttt....
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
4 months ago#2
Just think. As soon as 9 months from now you could be a father!

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
4 months ago#3
X______________X

/caps
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: BUM

BUM
4 months ago#4
Good for you! Brush up on a little proper manners in your spare time. It goes a long way, even if not everyone else understands them. Dress nicely. Goodness, I hope you've shaved. Is it a legit date, or just a thing? You could even bring a little gift, as long as it is very inexpensive and general. Use your discretion, there. Notice if her hair looks nicer than usual, and say so casually, like during the greeting-- so that you say it, but it doesn't just wind up hanging there.

Whatever you do, always keep the conversational things upbeat. Things tank when people start to complain, speak sarcastically, or say negative things about others. Positive talk is way more attractive!

And don't be stingy about anything. Money and other external goods are made to be used. Not excessively or ridiculously, so show restraint there, but on the other hand, if you're ordering the cheapest stuff you can find, you'll appear to be a narrow person.

Keep an eye on a good time to end the night. If things are going well, don't try to disengage right away. But don't let things drag on forever, either. It's just as important, if not more so, to have a pleasant goodbye as a pleasant hello!

Have a good night! If it goes well, great; if not, don't be discouraged!
SIGNATURE

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
4 months ago#5
I was going to say things, but then I read Mark's post, and it made me think about how different gay dates are straight ones. But maybe they're not that different. I don't know!
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
4 months ago#6
Maybe I haven't gone on enough dates to really tell, but I'm still convinced that all relationship building (romantic or otherwise) is really all just slight variations of the same thing, with slightly different end goals.

Like, relationship building to make new friends really isn't all super different from relationship building to seek a romantic relationship. And when I was talking about this after a family party with aunts and uncles and my parents and stuff, my aunt brought up that when she and her husband are looking for couples to double date with or couples with kids to play with their kids, they size them up sort of similarly to how people might size each other up when dating.

(This mindset is probably why I am not successful at dating.)
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
4 months ago#7
Fun game: figure out who's less qualified to give dating advice, Mark, an ex-hermit eyeing the priesthood, or me, a virginal sex researcher.

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

User Info: BUM

BUM
4 months ago#8
=)
SIGNATURE

HeyDude
4 months ago#9
I or Gary are the only married guys, but I'm facetious (pregnant in 9 months) and Gary ain't here, so I'm not sure we're qualifying ourselves either!

HeyDude
4 months ago#10
No but seriously tell us how it goes
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I have a date Friday night

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived