Got rejected :(

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
8 months ago#1
I had a job interview last week and they called today to say I didn't get the job. That never happened to me before. I'm kind of sad about it, but I'm hoping I'll get an even better job. That one I had some concerns about, but I was still hopeful about it because I thought it'd be better than where I am now.

User Info: BUM

BUM
8 months ago#2
If it is the one Ryan was telling me about, or maybe it was Dustin, with the super sketchy interview, it's probably better that you didn't get it... I heard about it and thought, if this is what it looks like in the interview, imagine how bad it will be on the inside...

Anyway, sorry to hear about the difficulty finding an offer. I will keep your intention in my prayers.
SIGNATURE

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
8 months ago#3
It wasn't that one actually; I didn't get that one either.

User Info: BUM

BUM
8 months ago#4
Oh, sorry to hear that. Well, keep working at it, I am sure it will pay off if you persevere. You have a lot of experience that is useful to an employer.
SIGNATURE

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
8 months ago#5
I got rejected from a job earlier in the year as well. I can confirm your reading that it is unpleasant.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
8 months ago#6
You casuals. I've gotten rejected from literally dozens of jobs.

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
8 months ago#7
Well, that's why you don't stay in academia.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
8 months ago#8
I feel like I've never gotten a call to say I didn't get a job. I would just never hear from them again.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
8 months ago#9
Yeah, I've gotten silent rejections and rejections by email, but none by phone.

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
8 months ago#10
I had to do job offers and rejections as part of a personnel job I had several years ago. The rejections part sucks, but probably less so if you hadn't personally interviewed the majority of the people you had to reject.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived