The Nintendo Switch releases today!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. The Nintendo Switch releases today!

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 months ago#1
I'm very excited about this.

Sadly, today is also the busiest work day of the year. I'm at an off-site conference, five hours away from home, in a very small college town. The one GameStop in the area had people waiting out in front since 8 AM (holy crap) and there weren't any other stores to go to for another 30-45 minute drive (and I don't have a car.)

But it will be waiting for me to pick up from my parents' house (had it shipped there due to package theft concerns) and finally, Breath of the Wild will be mine.

It occurs to me as I'm writing this that I've never actually bought a Nintendo console on launch. I got a GBA on launch, but then I didn't have a GBA game to play until a couple months later. Everything else I've either gotten second hand or bought new much later.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: BUM

BUM
3 months ago#2
Good call on shipping it to your folks'. I hope you enjoy it! Getting a new game is always pretty exciting.
SIGNATURE

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
3 months ago#3
I'm not getting a Switch today, but I didn't pick up the last Wii U copy of BotW from my local Best Buy, so there's that.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

Kylo Force
3 months ago#4
After I finished my 16 hour workday yesterday, I realized I never got a delivery confirmation text from Amazon.

Still no shipping confirmation yet as of now. I sent the customer service an email that was perhaps one or two steps ruder/passive aggressive than I should have.

But at $99 a year for Prime and an email guaranteeing release day delivery, I think I am salty to say the least. Sea salty, in fact.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Kylo Force
3 months ago#5
Switch get.

I played Breath of the Wild for about 20 minutes (not any more time than that because my dad also just got back from overseas.) Absolutely gorgeous game.

Still getting used to the controller. I think my favorite configuration so far is undocked, without the little attachments that round them out. Makes them fit comfortably into my hands.

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
3 months ago#6
Wait, are there any good games on it? I looked at it today and I feel like as somebody who doesn't care about Zelda, it offers me basically nothing. Is that about the way of it?

Kylo Force
3 months ago#7
HeyDude posted...
Wait, are there any good games on it? I looked at it today and I feel like as somebody who doesn't care about Zelda, it offers me basically nothing. Is that about the way of it?

I think this assessment is pretty much correct for now. If you're not interested in Zelda, I would hold off until at least the holiday season when the lineup will be fleshed out with Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Splatoon 2.

As someone who has never completed a 3D Zelda game on his own though, Breath of the Wild has exceeded my expectations in nearly every area. It's pretty fantastic. But also available on the Wii U, so take what you will from that.

My roommate and I also had fun goofing off in the Snipperclips demo, and Bomberman is a solid party title. If you haven't also picked up Shovel Knight, it's been expanded more than ever and is probably my favorite modern "retro" platformer and can be played in local 2-player co-op.

User Info: zztman5

zztman5
3 months ago#8
It's good.
Ryan Stiles: Blue Suede Shoes?
Colin Mochrie: ...nice pants? - Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Song Titles
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. The Nintendo Switch releases today!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived