Looking for a new roommate is exhausting.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Looking for a new roommate is exhausting.

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 month ago#1
My current roomie and best friend from undergrad is moving out with his girlfriend next month and I've been looking for a new roommate for the better part of three weeks. This ish is exhausting, man.

Been posting on FB, Craigslist, and other housing pages. Even enlisting help from my landlady (who is, thankfully, being very helpful in this process.)

Got one solid lead so far, but even he's a bit wishy washy since he's considering some other places. Hoping he gets back to me by Tuesday like he said he would either way.

And if you're wondering- I'm already taking a $300 increase in rent to try to attract someone to our smaller downstairs bedroom, and finding a 1 bedroom in our area that doesn't suck would require me to pay $200 or more a month on top of that. Housing market is balls up here.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
1 month ago#2
Sorry man. That *does* sound balls.

Kylo Force
1 month ago#3
Just did a runthrough of monthly budget and bill projections several months into the future to see if this is sustainable. The answer is sustainable-ish. It's gonna require a few changes in the way that I save/spend money, but nothing that isn't doable.

I am extremely neurotic about keeping tabs on my own personal budgeting, which has made this process slightly easier, but it's still difficult in any case.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#4
After having a guy back out on me, I interviewed two other people and have a first choice and a backup. The backup I can imagine living with even though he's a little quirky, and the primary guy actually seems like a good guy that can pay the bills and I can also have conversation with.

Life is progressing.

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
2 weeks ago#5
Nice!

I gave up after several bad ones in a row.

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#6
One day I will be in an income bracket where that is an option, but today is not that day.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
2 weeks ago#7
I'm actually just convinced my BF to get a roommate after years of living alone, because the extra income for little work is pretty worth it.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#8
I mean, yeah, as long as you don't get a crazy psycho person, it definitely seems like the way to go.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Looking for a new roommate is exhausting.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived