You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
TL;DR: Two employers are offering me jobs and I don't know which I'll take.
So, a little background. I'm an IT guy, and I'm ready to be a leader in that realm, so I want something more than just "technician" work. I also hate the culture of the place I'm at.
So, I interviewed for All Covered on Tuesday morning. 2h18m interview. I really like the guy who interviewed me, who would be my boss, and he told his recruiter that day (they're using an external company for their recruiter), and she told me, that not only are they offering me the position, but they really really want me and if I get a competing offer they want to hear it so they can match or exceed (or at least try; obviously they have practical limits). I also think the culture at the company seems healthy. The thing is, there's no leadership work built into the position. The interviewer said we could make some as we go possibly, although no guarantees, because the job he's hiring for is a technician job. The other thing is, it's even money to what I'm making now, so I'm really just changing cultures and with the *potential* to grow, which I don't necessarily have with my current employer. So a good change but not a super duper compelling one?
So All Covered wanted to hear back by Wednesday, and I told them, no that's crazy, I can't move that fast, I have another interview Friday that I want to consider. So I had my interview today, at Cooper Standard. 2 interviews in a row, first with some technical guys, then a second one with some more management oriented types. Everybody I talked to seemed great, and there's leadership work built into the position. I told them, hey this other place is waiting on me, so I'm trying to move fast, but if you can't, then that's okay too, I'll just do the best I can with whatever situation I find myself in, even if I have to make a semi-blind decision. Well, they called me about forty-five minutes after my interview and said, we're going to offer you the job, but since it's 5:45 on a Friday, we don't have all our people here. We're going to write up an offer for you on Monday.
So that's where I am. I let the recruiter for Place #1 know that Place #2 is working up an offer and here I sit, waiting! What an exciting weekend, but what a difficult position.
I got an offer from Cooper Standard and took the job. I start Monday Apr 17. I'm trying to meet with my current boss today or tomorrow to let him know. If I can't get time with him, I'll send my two week notice by e-mail.
The people at Cooper seem really great and the offer was bumpin'.