Got accepted :(

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: BUM

BUM
5 months ago#11
Very good! This calls for a celebration! ...after Lent!
SIGNATURE

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
5 months ago#12
He dismissed me immediately. Like, don't work your two weeks, pack up your things and go. It was shocking. I wasn't the perfect employee, but I didn't deserve that, not by a long stretch.

BUM
5 months ago#13
Wow. That's a bummer. Well, even so, hopefully you packed up your things graciously and left a good impression on your co-workers. You could even write a brief note to your old boss that says you appreciate your time there, although it really ought not to be very long or particularly endearing considering the reaction of your boss. But I do hear that poor reactions happen sometimes.

Actually I was reading that a businessman should collect all of his information that he thinks he might need, contact-wise or whatever, before making that announcement to his employer, just in case he is asked to leave without sufficient time to gather what he needs.

I read a few pages out of a book of manners every day, since I obviously will need to polish up if I am to be a priest worthy of any respect. I just passed through the business section (it's a big book), so that's where I was running into that material.
SIGNATURE

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
5 months ago#14
That's really messed up. You could have waited until the last day to quit, but decided to be courteous and give two weeks notice.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
5 months ago#15
So you get two weeks off of work, and you get any severance benefits you qualify for, since you were fired rather than quit. Isn't that for the better, all around?

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
5 months ago#16
I wasn't fired; they're just eating my vacation days. I do "get" two weeks off work, that I didn't want. Oh well.

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
5 months ago#17
Some bosses just can't handle people leaving. Sucks that happened, but at least you get your PTO instead of just losing it.

I have a interview on Wednesday for a job I'm kind of underqualified for...
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

BUM
5 months ago#18
Good luck at your interview.
SIGNATURE

LinkPrime1
5 months ago#19
Thanks! I'm kind of already super nervous.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22

LinkPrime1
5 months ago#20
GOT THE JOB AHHHHHH!

/caps

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived