Best Disney Song Rd 1: Friend Like Me v Whistle Stop

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Best Disney Song Rd 1: Friend Like Me v Whistle Stop

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
6 months ago#1
Which is the better Disney song? - Results (8 votes)
Friend Like Me (Aladdin)
37.5% (3 votes)
Whistle Stop (Robin Hood)
62.5% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Vote in the next 49-ish hours!

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
6 months ago#2
I remember the night I was studying for one of my AP tests back in high school, as I was getting ready for bed, Aladdin was on TV and I saw the "Prince Ali" musical sequence, and through the entire damn exam I had the song stuck in my head and the image of Abu as the giant elephant kicking in the door of the palace.

It was distracting and annoying at the time, but now I find it sort of hilarious.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: PaperSpock

PaperSpock
6 months ago#3
For reference:

Friend Like Me = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Op1TaXmCw
Whistle Stop = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxnvxtYfsd4
Fame is but a slow decay.
-Theodore Tilton

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
6 months ago#4
"Whistle Stop" gets quite a lot of street cred in my book for having inspired the legendary Hampsterdance.

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
6 months ago#5
When I was walking around on my lunch break I was thinking about this topic and it occurred to me that I couldn't think of what song the Robin Hood one was, and then I realized it must have been the whistling song in the beginning. I can't even remember if there were other songs in Robin Hood, but there must be because there's that sequence that prior make a big deal that Disney "recycled" it from Jungle Book.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
6 months ago#6
I have to say that as a kid, I perfectly understood what was going on during the Robin Hood sequence, and only now, watching the Aladdin as an adult, do I have any idea what Genie is talking about.

Though come to think of it, that's kind of the point, since Aladdin is supposed to be so overwhelmed. Man, I just don't know.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Best Disney Song Rd 1: Friend Like Me v Whistle Stop

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived