Rest in Peace Gary Sliker

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Rest in Peace Gary Sliker

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
8 months ago#21
I don't think there's any real measure for how much we "stick around" or "keep tabs" on PMS. I think what matters more is that there is a shared experience we've had around this place that is relatively unique and, really, sort of a fun relic of an internet era that has largely now passed. Even though there are many of us that are connected on social media now, I can't say that is true for any other internet cluster of people that I was associating with back in 2001. I'd give a lot to figure out what happened to a lot of those people I used to associate with back then, and I really appreciate how special it is that this group of people has this home base to check back into when all of those other pockets of "fledgling" internet communities have long since been lost.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
8 months ago#22
Yeah. I met him once, years and years ago (when I had that Zelda marathon in my college apartment). I had no idea he was just five years older, because it seemed like a lifetime. He showed up with a toaster for DIM (who couldn't make it after all) which is, y'know, incredible.

It's pretty unreal still. I think it always is with something as random and brutal as a car accident (and maybe with everything).

Should we like... do something? Has anybody been in touch with Harriet... ever? Is there a college fund we can contribute to?
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
8 months ago#23
I was thinking the same Wil. I don't know of anything but I would be more than willing to contribute.

Perhaps the mod or admin teams are putting something together?
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
8 months ago#24
Harriet posted on here a few times as "Miss Mith" I believe. Wonder if she'll come around.

User Info: GMTELigence

GMTELigence
8 months ago#25
I talked to Harriet on AIM once a VERY long time ago. I've tried looking up any information about services because I'll be out east for the next week or so, but so far, no luck. D should be in middle school now, and I know Gary was taking care of some nieces and nephews as well.

EDIT: Harriet does seem to have a Facebook, but it appears dormant. I'm not sure if reaching out is the best move. I'll figure something out.
Let NOTHING stand in your way.

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
8 months ago#26
Nah, let's not be like, weird, about it. The important thing is not to do anything that creates an obligation. I'm sure there'll be an obituary with, like, where to send cards and flowers.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

GMTELigence
8 months ago#27
That's what I've been waiting for, just an obit to know where to send stuff to. With this being a holiday weekend, they might wait on doing a memorial service until next week.

User Info: BUM

BUM
8 months ago#28
Requiem aeternam dona ei Domine
Et lux perpetua luceat ei
Requiescat in pace. Amen

Ave Maria gracia plena
Dominus tecum
Benedicta tu in mulieribus
Et benedictus fructus ventris tui Iesus
Sancta Maria Mater Dei
Ora pro nobis peccatoribus
Nunc et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen

Gloria Patri et Filio
Et Spiritui Sancto
Sicut erat in principio et nunc et semper
Et in saecula saeculorum. Amen
SIGNATURE

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
8 months ago#29
Yeah, I think the best thing for us to do is to wait for an obituary and see how actions are directed from there. I'm sure one of the last things they want to hear from is a somewhat random collective of a dozen+ people scattered across the US.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

GMTELigence
8 months ago#30
A friend of Gary's posted on his Facebook that his family is holding a private service, while a number of his friends are holding their own memorial for him on the 18th in NJ. They're looking for cash-only donations for his family that day.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Rest in Peace Gary Sliker

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived