Rest in Peace Gary Sliker

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Rest in Peace Gary Sliker

User Info: Pooty Boy

Pooty Boy
3 months ago#51
Thanks to ZB's post on Facebook at the time of Gary's passing I've silently watched this entire saga unfold. It's a tragic loss of human life and it brought back so many memories of the "glory days" of PMS in the 2000s. I have so many mixed emotions here, from the great conversations with Gary in my youth and the advice from someone not all that much older than me and of course all the way up to what is (theoretically) being uncovered now. I'm trying to expel the negative thoughts and remember him as the damn good person I knew years ago. I'm surprised it's taken me this long to come back to PMS to post, but I'm so glad I did to see so many return over such a loss. Even in death, it appears he's at least temporarily brought many of us back together. That is something to cherish. Thanks to Gary and his kindness we are all here in this moment.

Cheers to you, Gary, and we'll all hopefully see you on the other side.
"A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing." - George Lucas

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#52
Looks like his Facebook was deleted...
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 months ago#53
That's what happens with people who pass away. It was the same with my friend who passed away a few years ago.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: GMTELigence

GMTELigence
3 months ago#54
Depends on the person. Two of my friends who passed in 2014 still have active accounts. If I were to guess, I'd surmise the decision to deactivate rests with the family of the deceased.
Let NOTHING stand in your way.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
3 months ago#55
Yeah, you can set accounts to be legacy accounts. In fact, supposedly by 2020 there will be more FB accounts of dead people than of living ones.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
3 months ago#56
That's amusingly dystopian.

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

User Info: BUM

BUM
3 months ago#57
Concurred.
SIGNATURE
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Rest in Peace Gary Sliker

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived