Tales from a 1st grade classroom

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Tales from a 1st grade classroom

User Info: darknalareturns

darknalareturns
7 months ago#1
I've been student teaching in a 1st grade classroom this semester and here are a few of my stories:

This week I've started my head teaching (which I was very nervous about but am fine now), but I didn't start until today because we had a field trip yesterday. I sat on the bus next to one of my students. She then was like, "Ms. Binder your test is tomorrow" and I sat there thinking Yep that's what I need: Calling something I'm nervous about a test. What I actually said, "Oh yeah! Do you think I'll do well on the test?" She then proceeded to be silent for like a minute and replied, "Maybe".

The field trip was in a children's museum. In the museum there was a grocery store area. One girl told me to buy things so I bought a basket of cucumber. When I got to the checkout one of my students rung me up and the bill was $937.

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
7 months ago#2
Just another day at Whole Foods, eh?

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

darknalareturns
7 months ago#3
Today we played a matching game with contractions on the SMART board and after we got done with it once the students were getting a bit too rowdy. I then told them that for the second game I would just call on students who were following the expectations. One of my students suggested I pull Popsicle sticks and check if they were following expectations. I did this and they became perfect angels.

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
7 months ago#4
Would you say there's any rhyme or reason to anything that happens?
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

darknalareturns
7 months ago#5
For most students yes, but there are a few that just don't make any sense to me.

darknalareturns
7 months ago#6
Today one of my students wrote a story about a character Binder (like Ms. Binder) where I ride the bus to school, have a great day, go home and talk to my mom, and then she told me it was bedtime and I went to bed!

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
7 months ago#7
That sounds like a lovely story!
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

darknalareturns
7 months ago#8
Double Story Day (because today is a day where I need to focus on the good because the end of my day was rough)
1. The kids were supposed to write about a time they met a new friend and one of my students wrote about meeting one of our classmates but included "Her name was drumroll please (student name here)."

2. I was sitting in my classroom after school grading time tests and two of my students (who are in an after school program there) came up to the window and made me come to the door to tell me something. What did I need to coke and open the door for? I went over and they told me that they could open the door because it hadn't shut fully.

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
7 months ago#9
#2 is kind of deep. They made you do something so that they could tell you it was possible for them to do it. You'd think they'd realize there was something self-defeating about that.

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

darknalareturns
7 months ago#10
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vY1TegT4XAE

This is a secret hand shake with one of my 1st graders. It can also be used to bribe her.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Tales from a 1st grade classroom

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived