Tales from a 1st grade classroom

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Tales from a 1st grade classroom

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
1 week ago#11
Heh, I like that one.

User Info: darknalareturns

darknalareturns
1 week ago#12
I had a little boy from one of the other 1st grade sections come over and hug me at the beginning of recess duty. I hardly know this kid's name, but I pushed him on the swing once at recess and apparently we are bros now.

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
1 week ago#13
I really liked working in elementary schools. Those kids are just fun.

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 week ago#14
How many kids are in your section? I'm in higher ed and I know we have multiple teachers and educators here and I find it really interesting that we cover a really big span of the US education system among all of us.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

darknalareturns
1 week ago#15
I went over to this girl who was using the swing the wrong way and told her to fix it. Then she was like "you don't sound like that". I said, "I do today". Then she asked why and I told her that I'm losing my voice (worst thing to happen to a teacher by the way). Then she said, "ok". Then I started walking off but she then started telling me about her birthday that is coming in a week and a half.

darknalareturns
1 week ago#16
We have 26 1st grades as of next Monday 25 right now

darknalareturns
1 week ago#17
Today one of my students came in and gave me a tulip petal.

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 week ago#18
One of my students that I've known for almost three years now thinks my name is Josh and that's how he greets me every day. His good friend, who I see more often, calls me "Jon Jon" and I think that's acceptable. Another one that started this year thinks that my last name is my first name. I don't have the heart to correct either of them.

A good handful of my students think my last name is my first name, but I think this is because my last name is very valid as a first name.

EDIT: I prefer the students call me by my first name because anything else sounds absurd to me. I've gone as far as saying "You can call me Jon. Mr. [Last Name] is my father."

Some kids trying to suck up via email will call me Mr. [Last Name] or on the extremely rare occasion, Dr. [Last Name.] Luckily for them, flattery will usually get them everywhere. Unless, you know, it's actually outside my power to do something.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
1 week ago#19
The IT guy here sometimes calls me "Mr. Arfer", and I've told him that if he wants to use a prefix it really ought to be "Dr. Arfer", but then he sasses me about helping him with an ache in his elbow.

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

darknalareturns
1 week ago#20
So we have no school today because we had conferences till 8 two nights. I being myself don't sleep in (partially because my boyfriend worked at 6 and that woke me up but also because my life is waking up at like 5 anyway) and I'm actually having an awesome time. It's mostly due to the fact that I needed to find writing prompts for next week and I found one I love. I made a model for the students that has me really excited guys:
http://imgur.com/cD1evdP
Also through this process I found out that I can draw things, take a screen shot of them, import them into Pigment, and use it as a coloring page guys! The line detection stuff even works!
Also I got all of my student teaching assignments done for my college and just have to upload them now, but I'm mostly excited about my model and how my kids will react.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Tales from a 1st grade classroom

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.