Post a daaaaay MAAAAAY

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Post a daaaaay MAAAAAY

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
4 months ago#21
It's better to miss a day early than in the middle, Z (if I recall Alex's convoluted scoring system correctly).
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
4 months ago#22
It's not convoluted! It's logical!

EDIT: And before you say it, I KNOW those aren't mutually exclusive, but in this case I think my system is both ELEGANT (which is mutually exclusive with convoluted) and LOGICAL!

It's Post-A-Day May. The idea is post at least once each day. POST, we all know what that means, that's what gets you the point. Not plural post, can't get extra points for multiple posts on one day. You will surely win (or tie for first) if you post 1/day every day.

Also: if you miss only one day, it doesn't matter when you miss it. However, if you miss more than one day, you're best off if they're in a row.

If you post on a given day, you get 1 point, plus streak bonus, equal to how many days in a row you've posted (-1). So, you post 3 days in a row, you get 1 the first day, 2 more the second day for total of 3, 3 more the third day for total of 6.

Is my explanation elegant? No! But the system elegantly reflects the spirit of the game.

EDIT 2: In fact my feathers are really ruffled that you think my system's convoluted! You being the game master and all.

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
4 months ago#23
Just gotta keep posting
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
4 months ago#24
I'm sorry I ruffled your feathers, Alex!

However, I do need to point out one thing: your statement "if you miss only one day, it doesn't matter when you miss it" is not true. Twice the sum of 1-15 is << than the sum of 1-30. (That is, if you posted on the 1st through 15th, and then again on the 17th through the 31st, and someone else points on the 1st through 30th, the second person has more points, though both people posted for 30 days.)
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: zztman5

zztman5
4 months ago#25
Blep.
Ryan Stiles: Blue Suede Shoes?
Colin Mochrie: ...nice pants? - Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Song Titles

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
4 months ago#26
You know what they say: all posters post posts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv7jvyslRek

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

LinkPrime1
4 months ago#27
Bloop
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22

User Info: GMTELigence

GMTELigence
4 months ago#28
6/6
Let NOTHING stand in your way.

User Info: zztman5

zztman5
4 months ago#29
Getting in here before I forget.
Ryan Stiles: Blue Suede Shoes?
Colin Mochrie: ...nice pants? - Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Song Titles

LinkPrime1
4 months ago#30
Samsies

Edit: Samesies
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Post a daaaaay MAAAAAY

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived