Do you write thank-you notes after a job interview?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Do you write thank-you notes after a job interview?

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
5 months ago#11
I myself like to give thanks for Thanksgiving.

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
5 months ago#12
I don't agree that these qualities are disproportionate. I think hiring managers know that they're small things, that they're worth something but you don't hire off them. The amount they influence performance is in proportion. Someone who wants the job and is polite and thoughtful is often better to work with and does a better job in the long term.

User Info: BUM

BUM
5 months ago#13
I would agree, namely that they should be viewed as an accent to a candidate's application and not as the very substance. It would be odd to hire someone only on the grounds of their writing a note, and without a mind to their actual capacity to handle the job.

On the other hand, attention to proper manners and etiquette is in itself a life skill that is a fine accent to any person, and frankly, although writing a thank you note does not in any way indicate a person is thoroughly well-mannered, but if he were, he might still be a better candidate in the long-run even if he was somewhat deficient in the skill which was more proper to the job. Knowledge is more easily acquired than character.
SIGNATURE

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
5 months ago#14
Pretty much everybody would benefit from reading this thing:
http://www.askamanager.org/

Her take is what Alex said: It's a thing some people expect so you're better off checking the box than not.

If you can ask a substantive question, that's even better, but you can also just dash off "Thanks for taking the time to meet with me. The job sounds great." The recipient isn't going to put a lot of thought into it so you shouldn't either.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Do you write thank-you notes after a job interview?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived