It's summer, so the annoying cyclists are out.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. It's summer, so the annoying cyclists are out.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
2 months ago#1
Some of them are just aesthetically annoying - the ones who dress like they're in the Tour de France just to go to/from work. But that's fine, whatever, you do you.

Some of them are ambiguously annoying - like when the bike lane is on the left side of the street, and the person rides on the right side of the lane. Bikes aren't exactly the same as cars. With a car, you're supposed to stay to the right unless passing (although so many cards don't). With a bike, it's "stay to the inside (closer to curb; farther from cars) unless passing," which is still the right on a right side lane, but the left on a left side lane. But the rules aren't super well established, so while it's annoying, it's understandable.

Some of them are a******s - like the three people (two bikes) who almost collided with me on my way home from work because they were riding the wrong way down the lane. (Queens Blvd has bike lanes on both sides of the street, one for each direction. In fact, most bike lanes are one-way unless they have double yellow lines.)

The latter two (one bike) swerved around me while I was stopped at the red light (that they plow through while also going the wrong way), and fell because of it. Then they displayed their fragile masculinity by beating their chests, asking if I wanted to fight, and calling me the Other F-Word when I declined.

So, that was fun.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
2 months ago#2
An all the stranger anecdote to me seeing as bicycles are stereotypically for little children and girly-men who don't have cars or motorcyles.

When I'm on my bike, I usually ride on the sidewalk unless the street is a sleepy one. Biking on busy streets is scary.

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 months ago#3
Seattle is full of a****** bicyclists, and we are not a city that is overrun with bike tourism, so I know all* of these people are entitled a******s.

My favorites are the ones who are clearly trying to ride their bike at the speed of traffic on my route to and from work, but the road just isn't wide enough to accommodate cars going one lane in both directions, parked cars on the side of the road, and these bikes trying to squeeze through. It really just seems unsafe from multiple ways of looking at it.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. It's summer, so the annoying cyclists are out.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived