Board game hustle

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
5 months ago#1
I've been playing a lot of board games as of late. Got a few of my friends into playing 7 Wonders, which is a card drafting/city building game. It works for us because everyone does something on every turn, which is way more interesting than watching someone else take their turn more than taking your own turn.

Also played Pandemic with a group of 5 (the game is built for 4) and managed to beat it on "medium" difficulty with one turn left. We got extremely lucky on the final couple of plays.

Used Sushi Go! (a simpler card drafting game) as the entry point for most of these games, played Bananagrams, and also tried out the Oregon Trail card game (it is not fun.)

Been nice to develop a group to play board games with again after my last group went sort of defunct. The next game I'm looking at picking up is Ticket to Ride but I'm a bit hesitant after hearing mixed reviews.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
5 months ago#2
I've played Pandemic and I like that. Haven't played 7 Wonders or all that many Euro-games. Definitely played Bananagrams and I find that a nice diversion.

Ticket To Ride is perfectly fine. Kind of like a well-done superhero movie at this point. Enjoyable but not necessarily offering anything compelling.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
5 months ago#3
I agree with Alex's assessment of Ticket to Ride. When I first got it it was really great, and my sister loved it, but now that I've played so many other games it's just fine.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
5 months ago#4
7 Wonders has been great because the game changes so much depending on the number of players and the friends I've been playing it with have really jumped into it enthusiastically. We also play with both the Leaders and Cities expansions, which has made it really complex but also really engaging.

I might hold off longer on Ticket to Ride then or maybe try the app version to get a feel for what it's like before investing in it.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived