Announcing a new series: Tales from a Preschool Classroom

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Announcing a new series: Tales from a Preschool Classroom

User Info: darknalareturns

darknalareturns
2 months ago#1
Tomorrow I start training for a job as a lead preschool teacher. I will be adding stories from these adventures now.
Don't start un-believing
Never don't not feel your feelings

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
2 months ago#2
I'm hyped.

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 months ago#3
A friend of mine is a paraeducator for preschool and elementary school kids and they call him Mr. Cruz (but it usually comes out as "mistah kwooz" because in my head that's how all kids talk). What's your take on your teacher name when the students are that young? Full last name, last initial, another option?
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

darknalareturns
2 months ago#4
Two stories from today: 1. I was there observing today, and I had been there for almost an hour. One of the students turned to me and asked, "Wait, are you a girl?" (due to my short hair). 2. One student was allowed to keep her stuffed animal because she was struggling with separation from her mother. Later in the day she told me her legs were cold, and I told her that my whole body was cold. She then proceeded to rub me all over with her dragon because she had been using that to keep her legs warm.

I am fine with them calling any sort of by my name honestly. When I was student teaching I went by Ms. Binder because my college really hit hard on demanding respect from the students (which I don't think really has much to do with calling me by my first name or not). At the center where I work now all the lead teachers seem to go by Ms./Mrs. First name so I will probably just do that.
Don't start un-believing

Kylo Force
2 months ago#5
That makes a lot of sense. My friend taught English in the UK to the equivalent of middle school for a semester as part of his teaching certification and he had them call him "Mr. E" because he found that his last name was difficult for them to say.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

darknalareturns
2 months ago#6
I have a Beauty and the Beast rose tumbler cup that I brought to work today and it looks like the enchanted rose including a plastic rose in the center of the cup. All my kids were fascinated by it and one asked me if the flower in the middle was real.
Don't start un-believing

Kylo Force
2 months ago#7
Do you think most of your kids have seen or are familiar with Beauty and the Beast? I don't know what qualifies as essential Disney watching these days.

darknalareturns
2 months ago#8
Most of them have seen it.
Today one of my students grabbed my hand today and notice how cold they were. She proceeded to tell me that it must have been from the freezy pops that we had yesterday. I told her that that was a long time ago and she assured me that it "wasn't that long ago".
Don't start un-believing

darknalareturns
2 months ago#9
Today a student told me that he needed to wear his sunglasses because his eyes were so cold.
Don't start un-believing

darknalareturns
2 months ago#10
One of my students came up to me today and said, "Ms. Faith I found something that you put in your hair." He then proceeds to hold a paperclip up to my face. Another boy was saying he was a different age increasing the age every time he said it. He finally to up to 50 and I told him that he didn't look like a 50 year old boy and then he told me that I didn't look like a 50 year old girl.
Don't start un-believing
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Announcing a new series: Tales from a Preschool Classroom

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived