Announcing a new series: Tales from a Preschool Classroom

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Announcing a new series: Tales from a Preschool Classroom

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
4 months ago#11
I really love all these stories. I think kids and their thought processes are really interesting to try to understand.

Age-related story:
When I was in the Philippines last year I went to a panel discussion featuring small business owners and people working in creative fields hosted by a friend of mine for a fellowship program that he helps run. Some of my students were in that fellowship program, so I got to see them and also my friend who was helping run the show.

Afterward my students are introducing me to some of their new friends in the fellowship program and one of them asks if I was one of their classmates. I told them no, I'm a bit older. "Oh? How old are you?" their friend asked. "I'll let you guess," I said.

She replied, "Well, Filipinos age really gracefully, so you look 20 but you're probably like, 40."

...I am not 40.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: darknalareturns

darknalareturns
4 months ago#12
One of my little boys told me that his dad was going to read him "Harry Potter and the Goblins of Fire". I had a little girl smelling me on and off all day . She told me that I smelled so good and that she wanted to marry me. When August began yesterday as part of calendar I read/sang the August poem from the book Chicken Soup with Rice. I had one little boy tell me that he thought I made the book for him because it was his birthday month.
Don't start un-believing
Never don't not feel your feelings

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
4 months ago#13
All cute stories. My favorite has got to be the girl trying to warm you up with her stuffed dragon. Adorable.

That reminds me of when I was a camp counselor. We had one girl who always had issues whenever she was dropped off. We noticed though, if she ran to the room from the front door (our classroom was at the end of the hallway), she had no issues. So, the next time she's here, she's dropped off at the door, and is crying. I speak to the grandmother, and let her know what we noticed about her. She gives me a crazy look and is like "lolnah".

Next time she was dropped off? Grandma, by the door.

Tears.

I was pretty annoyed.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

darknalareturns
4 months ago#14
Today was one of my students had a birthday. I made him a card really quick and he got misty eyed when I gave it to him. He then said, "How did you know?" in the sweetest little voice. Later we had some time to read books or look at puzzles. He asks me if he could read his card. Even later we using a map with the cardinal directions to direct "Miss Catherine" (a name of a person on the map) to different locations (my story got quite convoluted). At one point a student said she should go south. South was a tree next to the school. I told the students that I didn't think that would be a good idea because she might get in trouble. I then told them to imagine if "Miss Faith" ran over a bush at our school. The same little boy from earlier got very serious and looked upset and said,"Don't do that. I don't want you to get in trouble because you are my favorite teacher."
Don't start un-believing

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
4 months ago#15
> go south
You can't go that way.

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

darknalareturns
4 months ago#16
I told one of my students that I had to go to a wedding this weekend, but I didn't really wanna go. He replied with,"But you have to right?" I said yes. He replied with, "Because it is your wedding!" and I'm like nope child.
Don't start un-believing

darknalareturns
4 months ago#17
We are talking about the Olympics this week. I was reading them a book about the Olympics, and it mentioned that they used to run naked. One of my students asked me why they did this. I told him that I thought it was because they thought it would make them faster. I then had students hypothesizing why they ran naked. My favorites: 1. They just forgot to put their clothing on. 2. They really wanted to win the race so they had to leave so fast that they didn't have time to put clothing on.
Don't start un-believing

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
4 months ago#18
That's a good question. I always thought it was for two reasons: one, so your clothing doesn't get sweaty or torn and you don't get tangled in it (given they didn't have sweatpants and sneakers in those days); and two, for the pure titillation of seeing a bunch of buff nude guys run around, wrestle with each other, etc.

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
4 months ago#19
I don't know how the ancient peoples were about nudity otherwise, but my hypothesis was that they didn't wear clothes because it was supposed to be the sport in the purest form, like "using your body only" to the most extreme and literal end.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

darknalareturns
4 months ago#20
So apparently the Olympics had some years where they struggled which I found out by reading a book to my students today. The book said they almost fell apart. I asked them why they thought they almost fell apart. I had one student say something about heads blowing off or something and I was like "Uhhhh..." when one student chimed in and said, "(insert kid's name here) What are you thinking?!". Also exciting news: I got my first pay check ever today!
Don't start un-believing
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Announcing a new series: Tales from a Preschool Classroom

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived