Announcing a new series: Tales from a Preschool Classroom

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Announcing a new series: Tales from a Preschool Classroom

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
2 months ago#21
Congrats on your first check! You should deposit it digitally so you can keep it forever.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 months ago#22
Big congrats on your first paycheck! It's definitely an accomplishment.

I don't think I've had anything other than direct deposit after the very first paycheck I got. Nowadays it's just like, "Is is there? Okay, time to pay bills."

(Because I am a boring person.)
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 months ago#23
Kodiologist posted...
That's a good question. I always thought it was for two reasons: one, so your clothing doesn't get sweaty or torn and you don't get tangled in it (given they didn't have sweatpants and sneakers in those days); and two, for the pure titillation of seeing a bunch of buff nude guys run around, wrestle with each other, etc.

This is correct. It was less titillation than like... well okay if you've ever accidentally walked into nude figure drawing class, the titillation of the artists is about what you'd expect from the people watching the running about folks.

A thing to remember is that Greece is a mediterranean country that's, like, super hot yo. The myth of Demeter and Persephone and Hades is often rendered that after Hades grabs Persephone, Demeter brings winter, but the actual myths read that she refused to shield the earth from the sun. So in the US, we're all like "oh that's why winter happens," but in Greece, they're like "oh that's why the really gross part of summer happens."

That is part of why they were so naked all the time. Because no one had invented lycra yet.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
2 months ago#24
willis5225 posted...
The myth of Demeter and Persephone and Hades is often rendered that after Hades grabs Persephone, Demeter brings winter, but the actual myths read that she refused to shield the earth from the sun.

Huh, today I learned.

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 month ago#25
My cousin (teaching pre-K) posts:
I have a kid in my class who has been taking down his pants, rubbing his ass on his classmates and yelling 'butt cheek! Butt cheek! BUTT CHHEEEEKKKSSS!' All morning.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Announcing a new series: Tales from a Preschool Classroom

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived