My backlog topic got locked

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. My backlog topic got locked

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 months ago#11
Would love to have a discussion about FFXV but that might have be a separate topic.

I'm diving back into Breath of the Wild. With the Hero's Path function you can see everywhere you've traversed on the gigantic map over the past 200 hours (I've only played 265), so now I'm trying to visit places on the map where I haven't gone. Even with completing all of the puzzle shrines, there are surprisingly large portions of the map I've never set foot on, being able to explore all these "new" areas makes the game feel very fresh again. It does come at the cost of me obsessively checking Hero's Path to see if I'm pointed at new directions on the map, but it's still cool to see all of the areas and little things that I've missed.

I also managed to get a pre-order for the SNES Classic after Walmart canceled their prematurely early pre-orders, so I'm very excited about that.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
2 months ago#12
I'd like to get back into FFXV, but I then remember that I read a spoiler and ugh.

Destiny 2 has been the flavor of the week
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

Kylo Force
2 months ago#13
Despite whatever spoiler you read (I have a few guesses), the FFXV is worth finishing. Is it worth 100%ing and replaying? Maybe or maybe not (I lean not because other games have done what it is trying to do better), but the story itself is done well enough.

Been coaching a friend through Breath of the Wild through extended sessions. The first session a couple weeks ago we went through the Great Plateau and then visited the first couple quest locations. This weekend we went to another quest location and beat a boss. I don't know how long it will take her to "beat" the game playing like this, but it's been fun seeing the game through another person's eyes.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for Super Mario Odyssey. I played a demo at PAX West a couple weekends ago and I can tell it's going to be great. Maybe not that explosion of magic like I felt with Super Mario Galaxy, but I'm more than willing to give it a chance.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Kylo Force
2 months ago#14
FFIX just got rereleased on PS4? Feels like that came with almost no advertising. Adding it to the big "sometime in the future" list.

LinkPrime1
2 months ago#15
I'm buying it when I get home. It's been rumored for awhile.

I've never played. I'm super stoked.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
2 months ago#16
I didn't play much of Final Fantasy IX, but I love the battle theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPoOtOcuRqw

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

Kylo Force
2 months ago#17
I modded my NES Classic over the weekend and surprisingly the game I've gotten into most is a GB title, Mario's Picross. Nice, light puzzle game that isn't too straining on the head but satisfying to complete puzzles.

LinkPrime1
2 months ago#18
I'm gonna start paying Sun on the train instead of sleeping. Felt like a more productive use of my time, and less stressful/ grindy than FE Echoes and Pokemon shuffle

Kylo Force
1 month ago#19
Would you recommend Final Fantasy XII at $28? About to snag a copy on Amazon and I think that's a good price.

And against my better judgment since I'm already going to be picking up Super Mario Odyssey next week.

Been playing more games on the SNES Classic. Introduced a friend to Kirby's Dream Course and we played a few very competitive VS rounds last night. Surprisingly deep competition.

After finishing the shortest possible path to Bowser, I've been working on 100%'ing Super Mario World. Got all the way through Chocolate Island and entered the Valley of Bowser before stopping last night. Even though I'm going through it at lightning speed now, when I was playing it last night I realized how much of a big adventure it would have been at the time of release, with so many levels having multiple exits and having multiple ways to traverse the overworld. I kept getting little flashbacks of moments playing that game in different times of my life, and it really is such a solidly put together game that the experience is good every time.

LinkPrime1
1 month ago#20
For the PS4 remaster? Absolutely!

I'll have to try and pick up a SNES classic soon, or a switch...

Re-installed Nioh last night. FFXII, Nioh, and Rainbow 6 Siege is gonna be the rotation for now I think.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. My backlog topic got locked

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.