The Great North American Solar Eclipse

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. The Great North American Solar Eclipse

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 months ago#1
The solar eclipse is coming next week! Supposed to go from one end of North America to the other and should be visible in the entire continental United States, either fully or partially.

Some of my co-workers are making the drive down to Oregon so they can see the total eclipse. Some of the faculty on campus have been doing talks, etc as part of getting people hyped about it.

I'm also pretty excited about it, mainly because I like space stuff. Not gonna go anywhere though, just going to hope that the weather doesn't go south and we actually have a clear view. Anyone making plans to check out the eclipse in any way?
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
2 months ago#2
Is this for real? I worry because I see something about "the biggest meteor shower" or lunar eclipse or the closest Mars will ever be... I see this so much on Facebook. I've grown rather skeptical!

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
2 months ago#3
There's an xkcd strip about it, so it must be true.

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

Kylo Force
2 months ago#4
The eclipse is definitely a real thing, but I'm sure clickbait websites love to play it up like they did with the super moon BS. I suppose it's because an eclipse is a really hypable thing.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
2 months ago#5
Sadly I'll still be in Europe, so I'll miss it. I leave to fly back right when it ends.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Ocarinakid2

Ocarinakid2
2 months ago#6
I will be at work, but will try to get a good lunchtime viewing in. I think New York is supposed to have 70-80% eclipse-age.

Unrelated comment: I don't know when this same page 'post new message' feature got here, but it sure is handy.
Ocarinakid

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 months ago#7
I didn't buy glasses :-(
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

Kylo Force
1 month ago#8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUViM3iiSSc

Well, it did get quite a bit darker, but in a way that's really hard to describe. It was both dark and bright at the same time. Someone described it as putting on really light sunglasses, but that's not quite it either. In any case, I'd give this 92% eclipse a perfect 92/92, would partially solar eclipse again.

Took a time lapse of the crowds where we caught it. The darkening of the area wasn't so dramatic, but it was fun nonetheless.

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
1 month ago#9
Well, I watched it with my bare eyes and I'm not blind.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. The Great North American Solar Eclipse

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived