AIM is dying.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: zztman5

zztman5
2 months ago#1
https://www.wired.com/story/rip-aim-aol-instant-messenger-shutdown/

Now what?
Ryan Stiles: Blue Suede Shoes?
Colin Mochrie: ...nice pants? - Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Song Titles

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 months ago#2
Oh no, how will we ever coordinate our Paper Mario Survivor day-of battle plans?

Seriously though, definitely the end of an era. In a time when everything else on the internet was pretty slow, you knew you could get in touch with your friends pretty much instantly (hah) with AIM.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
2 months ago#3
I actually just sent out a message on the Friday Night Blast just to see if anyone would receive it.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
2 months ago#4
asl

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 months ago#5
The only thing more carefully crafted than my AIM profile were my Away Messages (and the always fun Away Message Contest)
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 months ago#6
Ahh, remember the website that existed so that you could exceed the character limit for your away messages? I have no recollection of what it was called.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
2 months ago#7
Man this sucks...
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived