Any ideas for a last minute sci-fi themed Halloween costume?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Any ideas for a last minute sci-fi themed Halloween costume?

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
1 month ago#1
I really am not a huge fan of Halloween, but I need to have some sort of costume for this party.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: PaperSpock

PaperSpock
1 month ago#2
Hmmmm.....

If you found a coat that looked just right at a thrift store, you could probably pass as Firefly's Malcolm Reynolds.

If you can find even the most simple of custom T-Shirt shops, Star Trek:Discovery's crew appears to wear black/blue t-shirts that just say DISCO on them as off-duty shirts.

In terms of other Star Trek things if you wanted to do simple makeup/paint , you probably could pull off the makeup for one of the Trill/Dax that just consists of sort of a leopard spot that you could combine with 90s-ish clothing to try to get the look right. Bajorn's just have the crinkled nose, so if you're a bit more adventurous, maybe you could put that together? That would be trickier for sure, but nowhere near Klingon, Ferengi, or Borg. I suppose that you could make your ears look pointed with a little bit of strategic tape if you don't think that would hurt.

Dress like something you'd find in the Old West and walk a bit like a robot, and you've got a Solid WestWorld cosplay.

I haven't seen much of Black Mirror, but since those are usually set not far in the future, you might be able to do something from that.

I'll let you know if I think of any more.
Fame is but a slow decay.
-Theodore Tilton

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
1 month ago#3
Yellow football helmet + purple T-shirt + blue jeans = dead-on Commander Keen costume

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 month ago#4
Hunter green undershirt over a gray t-shirt gets you like 2/3 of the way to most of the characters from the BSG reboot.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 month ago#5
Oh and don't wash your hair that day.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
1 month ago#6
These are all good ideas. The best I came up with was to get a bunch kf glow in the dark stars, wear all black, and go as Space. Then my friend told me he'd loan me his cowboy hat, so I could be a space cowboy.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
1 month ago#7
Space Cowboy is super creative and the type of costume I would go for. My first through was going to like Party City and seeing if there were any Star Trek outfits lying around.

I might steal Space Cowboy...
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 month ago#8
+1 vote for "Space Cowboy" because it's one of the punny sort of Halloween costumes that jumps to the top of favorites lists every year.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Any ideas for a last minute sci-fi themed Halloween costume?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived