This is the part where I beg for an Autosave feature.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. This is the part where I beg for an Autosave feature.

User Info: SSBBSB

SSBBSB
1 week ago#1
I just lost a few story-writing paragraphs because my computer randomly turned off. In-game, I can't repeat the lost part. To rewrite it, I have to rely on my bad memory.

Unless the Autosave feature returns, I'll live in utter fear of losing my progress for the rest of my time on this site. Even now, I'm dreading another crash or something.
All humans are creepy in their own way. - ggghhh3
3DS FC: 2294-4506-7568

User Info: ZeoKnight

ZeoKnight
1 week ago#2
I rarely write directly into online editor. Most of the time I work with markup documents. When I need to update the guide, I just update my offline file, and then paste the result into online editor.

Honestly, I don't know the logic reason why the auto-save feature is disabled. If a guide's section is accidentally opened in 2 browser tabs, then the guide is updated only in the first tab, would the guide be reverted back when the second tab's auto-save is triggered?

I just lost a few story-writing paragraphs because my computer randomly turned off.

Always CTRL+S after writing a few paragraphs. Even with offline document I save my guide a lot, even after I've typed a whole sentence. That's exaggerating, but losing a few sentences can decrease my motivation in continuing the guide.
First Black Star achieved 04/25/2017
First FOTM won 05/26/2017

SSBBSB
1 week ago#3
ZeoKnight posted...
losing a few sentences can decrease my motivation in continuing the guide.

THANK YOU!

It nearly ruined my morning. It nearly hurled me into a slump.

Hm...

I can easily write this thing in Word, then copy 'n' paste it into GameFAQs. Good idea, Zeo.

User Info: Devin Morgan

Devin Morgan
1 week ago#4
When I write guides, I hit Save after pretty much every thought I type up. It's long been a force of habit but it's not a bad idea.

We can look at how to implement an autosave again if that would be helpful to the authors.
Devin Morgan | CRP #3579
NES FAQ Completion Project:
http://faqs.retronintendo.com

SSBBSB
1 week ago#5
Devin Morgan posted...
We can look at how to implement an autosave again if that would be helpful to the authors.

Please do.

It was a buzzkill.

User Info: Shotgunnova

Shotgunnova
1 week ago#6
Devin Morgan posted...
When I write guides, I hit Save after pretty much every thought I type up. It's long been a force of habit but it's not a bad idea.
This. You only need a few random restarts or program crashes to make this habitual. 💻🔫🤠
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame

User Info: Krystal109

Krystal109
1 week ago#7
While I totally understand long time writers saying it's habitual to save, you have to take into consideration new authors. If authors are losing work because there is now auto save, they may be discouraged from writing. That's not what GameFAQs wants, I hope!

SSBBSB
1 week ago#8
Krystal109 posted...
While I totally understand long time writers saying it's habitual to save, you have to take into consideration new authors. If authors are losing work because there is now auto save, they may be discouraged from writing. That's not what GameFAQs wants, I hope!

I started in 2015.

User Info: Devin Morgan

Devin Morgan
1 week ago#9
Shotgunnova posted...
This. You only need a few random restarts or program crashes to make this habitual. 💻🔫🤠

Indeed. Talked it over with Allen today anyway, and I will come up with a workable solution here.
Devin Morgan | CRP #3579
NES FAQ Completion Project:
http://faqs.retronintendo.com

SSBBSB
1 week ago#10
Devin Morgan posted...
Talked it over with Allen today anyway, and I will come up with a workable solution here.

Thanks.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - FAQs and Guides
  3. This is the part where I beg for an Autosave feature.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.