What does it mean if a review's status is "draft?"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - Reviews
  3. What does it mean if a review's status is "draft?"

User Info: CyanRouge

CyanRouge
5 months ago#1
I wrote a review earlier this month, and it is still has not been considered as submitted, as it is in a "draft" status. I do not know what this means. Does it mean that it will be submitted for evaluation in the future? Do I need to do something else to finalize it? Or does it mean something else? If anyone can provide an answer, I would be very thankful.
Anyone who says that a game is objectively better or worse than another is objectively wrong.

User Info: 16-BITTER

16-BITTER
5 months ago#2
Never had this happen personally.

Did you meet the minimum word count? It has to be at least 400.
The folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most.

CyanRouge
5 months ago#3
I've hit the point to where it is considered a detailed review. The text on the contribution status page looks something like this.

Contribution Type Review

Status Draft

Status Detail Contribution in the database, but not submitted
Anyone who says that a game is objectively better or worse than another is objectively wrong.

User Info: 16-BITTER

16-BITTER
5 months ago#4
Hmm. I'm not really an authority on the finer points of the contribution process, but maybe you didn't submit it right or something.

See if you can pull the contribution and resubmit it.
The folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most.

User Info: thelovebat

thelovebat
4 months ago#5
A draft is something that is archived which you can still later revise basically. And also means it's archived so you don't have to worry about losing any data unexpectedly from the review, before submitting it.

To submit it, you have to preview your review first similar to hitting 'Preview Message' for a message board post. Then there should be a button to click when you scroll down to the bottom of the previewed version of your review where you can submit the review, which at that point you won't be able to revise your review anymore.
"Too bad you can't reload your game and try again." Cassidy- Fallout 2

CyanRouge
4 months ago#6
I would've assumed that, but there are no buttons at the bottom of the page for me to preview or submit it, and it won't let me pull the review either.

thelovebat
4 months ago#7
CyanRouge posted...
I would've assumed that, but there are no buttons at the bottom of the page for me to preview or submit it, and it won't let me pull the review either.

It's not at the bottom of the page, rather it's right below the previewed body of text. It's sandwiched in the middle between the preview text in the top half of the page, and the typing box in the lower half of the page where you type in the text of your review.

http://i.imgur.com/4TN7tQy.png

Are you sure you're not finding the Submit button? The screenshot above points it out. The issue may be that to make updates to the review that's currently a draft, is that you have to go through the process of going to the Contribute to Gamefaqs page again, then click on the Write a Review tab. Then after that use the Update an Existing Review tab and I believe that should take you your unfinished draft (I think). If not that, then you can just copy your text from the draft to just make a new review submission to take its place.

CyanRouge
4 months ago#8
I've solved the problem. I decided to copy the text from the draft and make another submission. When I did, the draft disappeared and this second submission took its place. Thank you for your help!

thelovebat
4 months ago#9
Glad it worked out for you. :) Happy to help.

CyanRouge
4 months ago#10
Review is finally up, just one day before my 1 year anniversary since I created my account! :D
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors - Reviews
  3. What does it mean if a review's status is "draft?"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived