This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DBS Chapter 23 is out in English

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. DBS Chapter 23 is out in English

User Info: Stover46

Stover46
6 months ago#1
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/digital/dragon-ball-super-chapter-23/5669?read=1

Feels good being able to finally link it
3DS FC: 4141-6111-4038 PSN: OLKv2
http://i.imgur.com/KAy7cdo.gif - so hyped http://i.imgur.com/RETdTVM.jpg

User Info: UraRenge2005

UraRenge2005
6 months ago#2
Vegerot? Really?
Xbox GT: UraRenge.
Yes, I'll talk to you if you want.

User Info: DaimaoTakahashi

DaimaoTakahashi
6 months ago#3
Site is so much slower than Fansites
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road. Neither human, nor devil... all bends to my will"

User Info: Stover46

Stover46
6 months ago#4
UraRenge2005 posted...
Vegerot? Really?

It's actually a more accurate translation, even though it sounds awful and sucks. It isn't new either, Viz used it back in DB
3DS FC: 4141-6111-4038 PSN: OLKv2
http://i.imgur.com/KAy7cdo.gif - so hyped http://i.imgur.com/RETdTVM.jpg

User Info: UraRenge2005

UraRenge2005
6 months ago#5
Stover46 posted...
UraRenge2005 posted...
Vegerot? Really?

It's actually a more accurate translation, even though it sounds awful and sucks. It isn't new either, Viz used it back in DB

It's... not?

His damn name is Vegito. It's not complicated. Just because Americans f***ed up Kakarotto and turned it into Kakarot, doesn't mean that a proper name has to change because of a translation error. Viz has always been s***ty at translations. This chapter has two occasions of it. We all know it's called Katchin metal. We all know his name is Vegito (or Vegetto). Viz continues to insult the fans with their crap and can't drop the fact that they f***ed up in the past, so they get to perpetuate their s***ty translations. Everyone at this point is just glancing over Vegerot and going "oh, lol, ok Viz. I'll just ignore it."
Xbox GT: UraRenge.
Yes, I'll talk to you if you want.

User Info: Scotty_Rogers

Scotty_Rogers
6 months ago#6
UraRenge2005 posted...
It's... not?

His damn name is Vegito. It's not complicated. Just because Americans f***ed up Kakarotto and turned it into Kakarot

Except they didn't. "Kakarot" is the proper English translation of "Kakarotto". "Rotto" is "rot" in English.

Toriyama wanted Goku's Saiyan name to be based on the English word "carrot". In Japanese romaji, "carrot" becomes "kyarotto".

Car = Kya.
Rot = rotto.

He took the "arotto" part and put a "Kaka" at the beginning, creating "Kakarotto". In English, this is "Kakarrot".

doesn't mean that a proper name has to change because of a translation error.

There was no translation error.

Should "Vegeta" be "Bejita" in English? Should "Trunks" be "Torankusu"? Should Piccolo be "Pikkoro"? No, romaji names aren't supposed to be used in English. You're just an angry weeaboo who doesn't know what the f*** he's talking about. A whiny 40 year old Otaku on a message board.
Sad!

User Info: kwonshin

kwonshin
6 months ago#7
Blocked in my country.

Saw one page about Defusion explanation by Gowasu. So Zamasu really wasn't Kaioshin.
I will tell you the truth, no matter how difficult it is to accept.

User Info: Kaito-Wu

Kaito-Wu
6 months ago#8
I have to agree with Viz using Vegerot properly with how Kakarot has been translated, even if it sounds horrible.

Katchin on the other hand is more or less translating the pun from the Japanese onomatopoeia "Kachin" spelt with the Japanese Kanji characters for Ka, Chi, N, Tsu (Half sized, I tried with the characters) or the sound of metallic objects, so banging metal to the west's equivalent of "klang" for metal striking metal.

User Info: Scotty_Rogers

Scotty_Rogers
6 months ago#9
Anyway, the fight with Merged Zamas was done much better here.

-Goku and Vegeta don't come anywhere close to Merged Zamas's power. It was so stupid that Goku was able to wound Merged Zamas in the anime.

-Merged Zamas's body is completely immortal here. His body not being immortal in the anime was just contrived; so what if Black wasn't immortal. In the Boo saga, Goku was alive and Vegeta was dead, but Vegetto was still fully alive.

The Potara retcon is still bulls***, though. What was the point of it? To make Vegetto less OP? If Vegetto and Merged Zamas were close in power like they should have been, he wouldn't have been OP at all; if a character seems too powerful, characters who are just as strong or even stronger should come up.

To make it possible for Merged Zamas to lose? That's what the Mafuba was for; they should have never wasted it. How does one beat an immortal villain? Seal his ass away. Dead Zone understood this with Garlic Jr.; the movie didn't asspull a f***ing time limit.
Sad!

User Info: kwonshin

kwonshin
6 months ago#10
To show Zeno feat.
I will tell you the truth, no matter how difficult it is to accept.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. DBS Chapter 23 is out in English

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived