This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Theory: Dragon Ball Super will eventually canonize Dragon Ball GT

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Theory: Dragon Ball Super will eventually canonize Dragon Ball GT

User Info: madumlao

madumlao
2 months ago#1
This is just a hunch, I may build it up over a longer period if needed, but Dragon Ball Super is made some very specific canonicity nods to GT with Bra and Uub.

I don't think that DBS will eventually patch up everything with GT - Toriyama himself is too inconsistent and forgetful for that - but I theorize that in general, GT and Super will sorta kinda merge. Perhaps it's something like "We have to prevent the evil inside the super dragon balls from destroying all universes" and someone makes a wish to trap their evil energy in Universe 7 and prevent anyone from entering or leaving it. Add in a memory wipe of the sorts, and boom, you can reboot DB GT and have all the inconsistent power scaling you wish as if Super never happened.
I have hit the nail on the head at least 98 times.
This only increments when other posters say so, and not when they're spamming it.

User Info: Chagdoo

Chagdoo
2 months ago#2
Uub and bra were EoZ, Definitely not a GT nod. That being said yeah I was actually kind of hoping for it to continue into a GT reboot. We know toei loves rehashing after all.

User Info: CraiCrushna

CraiCrushna
2 months ago#3
I think GT will get a Reboot, keep is along the same lines but different in execution. It just seems like that's the direction they are going with Super at the moment. Wonder if they will just call it SuperGT.

User Info: EvolutionUber

EvolutionUber
2 months ago#4
CraiCrushna posted...
I think GT will get a Reboot, keep is along the same lines but different in execution. It just seems like that's the direction they are going with Super at the moment. Wonder if they will just call it SuperGT.

I really hope we get a spin of or a shift of focus on the main characters it would be nice to only see Goku and Vegeta only appear as mentors
3DS friend code: 5370 1709 3194

User Info: dirtydave90

dirtydave90
2 months ago#5
I want a total replacement, not a remake at all. No annoying Pan&Giru, No s***ty SS4 (Not that I'm saying SSB is genius or anything), no dumbass Black Star Dragon Ball arc or super 17 arc.

The only things in the whole series even worth an 'homage'(like they just did with Broly) are possibly Baby and MAYBE the general concept of Shadow Dragons/consequences for so much Dragon Ball use. Leave the rest in the trash where it belongs.

We need a new series preferably even a little further in the future where Pan's not annoying and useless, Bulla isn't a 10 year old hooker, and Goten and Trunks are actually somewhat relevant. Uub is a garbage character but I assume he'll be there since he's canon and a reincarnated major villain.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you are Jon Snow." -Gandalf

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
2 months ago#6
It's impossible for DBS and DBGT to co-exist in the same continuity because of plotholes and inconsistencies. DBGt would have to be re-written completely and at that point it might as well be a new series.
Just remember ALL CAPS when you spell the man name!

User Info: finalrush7

finalrush7
2 months ago#7
Vegeta1000 posted...
It's impossible for DBS and DBGT to co-exist in the same continuity because of plotholes and inconsistencies. DBGt would have to be re-written completely and at that point it might as well be a new series.

That is not logical thinking considering who the creators of the anime are.
Best 3 games of all time: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Xenoblade, Xenoblade X
Gone but never forgotten - Didier Drogba #11 - Chelsea Legend

User Info: ToadstoolPeach

ToadstoolPeach
2 months ago#8
The only way it would really fit in would be if Daishinkhan rewound time back and prevented the events from Battle of Gods from happening.

I do really wonder how it happened in Xenoverse since GT Kid Goku recognizes Beerus. There's some interesting dialogue between characters such as SSJ4 Vegeta laughing excitedly at the prospect of fighting Beerus and SSJ4 Gogeta saying "Maybe I can defeat Lord Beerus now!".

User Info: Luminaire

Luminaire
2 months ago#9
Present Mai, Shu and Pilaf being allies and friends of the heroes pretty much makes the entire launch episode of GT impossible.
XboxLIVE! GamerTag: MisterGuyMan (Geo War Score: 8.3 mill.)
nocturnal traveler 2 months ago#10
It's possible, but like others have said, not without a rewrite. It definitely wouldn't be called GT, though. Well, unless they got lazy and called it SuperGT :P.
--I understand your opinion. I just don't care about it. ~Jedah--
3DS FC: 0989 2510 2412
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Theory: Dragon Ball Super will eventually canonize Dragon Ball GT

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived