This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Visual Novel Contest: Muv-Luv vs. Edelweiss

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Best Visual Novel Contest: Muv-Luv vs. Edelweiss

User Info: superange128

superange128
4 years ago#1
DISCUSSION: Do you prefer Visual Novels to have H-scenes or not? Or do you not care? - Results (68 votes)
I have read both. Vote: Muv-Luv
39.71% (27 votes)
I have read both. Vote: Edelweiss
13.24% (9 votes)
I have only read Muv-Luv
27.94% (19 votes)
I have only read Edelweiss
1.47% (1 votes)
I have not read/do not like either one.
17.65% (12 votes)
This poll is now closed.
RULES:
-In this contest, you only vote for a visual novel (a.k.a Option A or B) if you've read both visual novels in its match. Both visual novels. This is important.
-IF YOU'VE ONLY SEEN/READ AN ADAPTATION THAT DOES NOT COUNT AS HAVING READ THE ACTUAL VISUAL NOVEL. Many adaptations have things changed or removed so judging a visual novel only by its adaptation is NOT ALLOWED.
-As long as you've read enough of the visual novel to get a good feel of the story (though finishing it all would be preferrable) you can vote even if you watched someone else read through the story.
-However, just reading a summary, spoilers and/or other people's opinions does not count as having read the visual novel.
-Please vote honestly. There are plenty of contests where you can vote any way you want. The entire purpose of this contest is ruined if people don't honor the honor system.
-In the event of a tiebreaker, the game with more C/D votes moves on.
-If a VN's read total percentage is 10% or less, it is auto-eliminated.
-Matches will last around 24 hours. I'll only close really early if the results are really obvious.
-Since there's no need for any manual counting, feel free to discuss whatever in the topic.

BRACKET:
http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?&tid=432612&tclass=

PREVIOUS RESULTS:
Saya Kira- 20 / 8 / 22 / 2 / 8
Little Channel- 11 / 18 / 7 / 13 / 9

And I have a feeling today will have even more boring results
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4343/narm2.gif

User Info: superange128

superange128
4 years ago#2
Also I don't know much about Edelweiss

what's it about?
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4343/narm2.gif

User Info: kirbymuncher

kirbymuncher
4 years ago#3
I honestly really don't care about H-scenes one way or another... actually I suppose I prefer it without since then I can recommend them to more people
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF

User Info: MasterTurtle

MasterTurtle
4 years ago#4
I haven't read Edelweiss. The description makes it sound like some trashy nukige but according to people who've read it, it sounds like more of a (somewhat depressing) drama.

Also I have mixed feelings on the H-scenes thing. On one hand, a lot of games are obviously built around heroines and romancing them (not that this is a good thing, but keeping the format and removing the H-scenes would be kind of silly), and I do enjoy some now and then. On the other hand, a lot of H-scenes in story oriented games aren't very good. It also makes VNs a much more difficult hobby to discuss with other people.
Can I interest you in a...side mission?

User Info: Cpt_Communism

Cpt_Communism
4 years ago#5
Edelweiss was one of the first VN I tried, but I gave up pretty early. It was as bad as you would expect MangaGamer's first project to be.

kirbymuncher
4 years ago#6
MasterTurtle posted...
On one hand, a lot of games are obviously built around heroines and romancing them (not that this is a good thing, but keeping the format and removing the H-scenes would be kind of silly).

Isn't this basically Clannad?
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF

User Info: Mac Arrowny

Mac Arrowny
4 years ago#7
Cpt_Communism posted...
Edelweiss was one of the first VN I tried, but I gave up pretty early. It was as bad as you would expect MangaGamer's first project to be.

It got a retranslation.
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you.

User Info: Sceptilesolar

Sceptilesolar
4 years ago#8
I assume you haven't played Clannad, but the entirety of After Story suggests otherwise.
Just killing time until the world ends.

kirbymuncher
4 years ago#9
Well, I guess I should have specified it as the first half

It's definitely the kind of game that could have H-scenes but just doesn't. sort of proves you don't really need them

User Info: kivos

kivos
4 years ago#10
Not contest here. Ever17 or Muv-Luv better go all the way. They are in a whole other league.
"You only live forever in the lights you make."
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Best Visual Novel Contest: Muv-Luv vs. Edelweiss

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived