This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One Piece Legendary Q&A CCLXI:"This Is Big News!"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. One Piece Legendary Q&A CCLXI:"This Is Big News!"

User Info: Red XlV

Red XlV
2 months ago#481
PhazonDaxter posted...
Even then I'd think Usopp would be physically stronger than Nami >.>

One Piece is quite inconsistent about whether muscles actually matter for strength. After all, Luffy and Sanji aren't ripped like Zoro, yet Luffy is stronger and Sanji is pretty even with Zoro.
A bad enough dude to save the President.
"We chose more government instead of more freedom." - Marco Rubio (R-Florida) on the Bush administration

User Info: ZeroatP

ZeroatP
2 months ago#482
...hmm, I normally don't pay attention to anime antics, but this got me to look back and examine the manga page, and it honestly doesn't look like Luffy is rapidly punching. I mean if you don't recall just look 1 chapter before that and we can see when Oda draws Gatling he draws Luffy's arms basically disappearing and we see a bunch of fists all around. That's Oda's style for portraying the "rapid" punch effect. Kong Organ doesn't do that. I never thought Kong Organ was the "Gatling" version of Kong Gun, but I did think he was rapidly punching in horizontal organ fashion. Like a Gatling-lite. But now I'm not so sure, it really could be multiplying his arms, or at the very least stretching in a manner that looks like multiplying.

I guess we have to remember that we don't fully understand or know all of what Gear 4 is or does. It's still rather new to us as Oda offscreens so much. What we do know is that Doffy stated Luffy found a way to literally fuse his rubber with haki, to drastically increase his elasticity. We still don't have all the details on that but so far we know this allows him to...

- Retract his arms into his body rather than having to stretch them out in order to build tension for attacks.
- Keep his elasticity despite being hardened by haki
- Use said tension to kick off the air for flight
- Continually redirect and stretch an already extended limb in multiple directions.
- Increase his overall body mass and maintain it as a "form", as opposed to when he can normally only hold such increases momentarily for specific attacks.

...so I don't think we can eliminate the possibility that Luffy has found some way to form or mimic forming more arms in Gear 4 as well. Think of it like this, Luffy can now maintain specific body shapes and forms because the shape of his body is different in Gear 4 forms. Also take into account the redirecting python, where his limbs that are already stretched, stay in that stretched position and then stretch more. So if he can infuse enough air in his arm to form King Kong Gun, which is many times his Gear 4 body size, perhaps he infuses some more air into his arms, but instead of making his arms bigger, he manipulates that air and increase to stretch out specific parts of his arms and reform them to "look" like more limbs, when really they are just masses of rubber coming out of his arms.

User Info: lelouch623

lelouch623
2 months ago#483
Sanjis a cyborg and luffy has rubber muscles they are both considerably stronger than they look

User Info: ViewtifulGrave

ViewtifulGrave
2 months ago#484
lelouch623 posted...
Sanjis a cyborg and luffy has rubber muscles they are both considerably stronger than they look

If fairly certain that Sanji isn't a cyborg and is just genetically modified.
You enjoy teaching high schoolers, and I'll enjoy creating my crappy manga. Let's see where we both are in a year. TheDoorMouse
Update http://imgur.com/vz0c9xf

User Info: voldothegr8

voldothegr8
2 months ago#485
ecylis posted...
Scorpion122178 posted...
So I heard One Piece is on break again next week?

Jump is on break, double issue

When OP comes back we'll probably get two chapters in a row then another regularly scheduled Oda break and it will be back on a normal schedule until the holidays

We'll probably get 3 in as row, this is the 9th week off for OP and it's the middle of August. (when the chapter officially ships anyway) For the last 5 years OP is off for 12-13 weeks a year so it's a tad ahead of schedule for that. In other words, there should only be 3-4 more breaks before the new year so we should get a decent 3 chapter stretch or two before then.
Oda break tracker 2017- 6 (3)
Super Mario Maker Profile: 1237-0000-0073-02FE

User Info: lelouch623

lelouch623
2 months ago#486
17 and 18 are considered cyborgs (technically most people call them androids). Sanji is just as much of a modified human as they are, he's just not traditionally robotic like franky.

User Info: Fwahm

Fwahm
2 months ago#487
lelouch623 posted...
17 and 18 are considered cyborgs (technically most people call them androids). Sanji is just as much of a modified human as they are, he's just not traditionally robotic like franky.

Sanji is genetically modified, but he's all biological. 17 and 18 were modified on the cellular level with highly advanced robotics, likely in the form of nanotechnology. They're not the same, and genetic modification isn't related to being a cyborg.

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
2 months ago#488
ZeroatP posted...
Like a Gatling-lite. But now I'm not so sure, it really could be multiplying his arms, or at the very least stretching in a manner that looks like multiplying.

Yep, the more I've thought about the more confused I get. Somebody should ask Oda in an SBS or something. But of course that would actually be a useful question, instead people will ask about what random background characters birthdays are
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: Revelation34

Revelation34
2 months ago#489
PhazonDaxter posted...
Caribou says hello

Swamp. Clay would just be a paramecia.

lelouch623 posted...

They are not cyborgs. They literally are androids. Cyborgs are humans with mechanical enhancements. Androids are robots that look like humans.
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355

User Info: Red XlV

Red XlV
2 months ago#490
Revelation34 posted...
lelouch623 posted...

They are not cyborgs. They literally are androids. Cyborgs are humans with mechanical enhancements. Androids are robots that look like humans.

17 and 18 are specifically not robots. They're humans who were transformed into their current state by Dr. Gero.
A bad enough dude to save the President.
"We chose more government instead of more freedom." - Marco Rubio (R-Florida) on the Bush administration
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. One Piece Legendary Q&A CCLXI:"This Is Big News!"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived