This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One Piece Legendary Q&A CCLXII: "Eat Black Balls Everyday"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. One Piece Legendary Q&A CCLXII: "Eat Black Balls Everyday"

User Info: mallow

mallow
4 months ago#141
mihawk was several times more powerful than Luffy though, I would have to assume Luffy is competent enough not to go and get his limbs sliced off by someone who's roughly around his own power level ... but

ecylis posted...
But I guess I've pretty much exhausted everything I can say about the matter

yeah.

here's the anime team's take on luffy vs cracker btw

https://youtu.be/RsNnOSQw3Mk

pretty much stronger than doflamingo in the anime
https://i.imgur.com/chry6LA.gif

User Info: lmAtWork

lmAtWork
4 months ago#142
The anime is so bad now, I tried watching the episodes after Luffy went Gear 4 vs Doflamingo as I was going to catch up. It's so bad.

The 10 minute wait for Luffy to get haki back is unbearable, so many stall staring matches. It was slow in the manga and even worse in the anime
http://i.imgur.com/z2gkfeq.jpg

User Info: Revelation34

Revelation34
4 months ago#143
Knighted Dragon posted...
>_>

swords·man
ˈsôrdzmən/
noun
noun: swordsman; plural noun: swordsmen

a man who fights with a sword (typically with his level of skill specified).
"an expert swordsman"

Anyone who uses a sword is a swordsman, and if someone picks up a sword and beats Zoro with it, they are the better swordsman even if they aren't skilled with it lol. Zoro might be a more skilled swordsman than Cracker, but we don't actually know that. Cracker used his sword pretty well and might be capable of giving Zoro a run for his money even in the skill department.

I'm skeptical that Zoro is even a master swordsman yet, he probably still isn't on a skill level with people like Vista let alone Mihawk

No that's not what it means. By your logic a random dude who has never held a single weapon in his life is a swordsman just because he picked one up from a batlefield.

ecylis posted...
Cracker has very strong CoA, Luffy acknowledges this. He combines it with his already strong armors to create a defense that's so powerful Luffy couldn't get past it without Kong Gun, a move which sent Doflamingo flying into the ground forming a giant crater. Kong Gun is really, really strong. Most people who are going after the Big Mom Pirates are not going to be on that level. Cracker has probably never fought anyone stronger than Luffy in his life

We also know that having stronger CoA isn't all it takes as both Luffy and Cracker were able to damage each other even though one of them must have had stronger CoA. So physical strength also plays a role

Cracker doesn't like pain so he focuses purely on defense, it would make sense for him to be weaker in terms of raw power. Zoro spends all his time sleeping and lifting, he can cut through 100+ meters of stone with one move, he can generate sword beams powerful enough to do the same thing. We can't directly compare Zoro's strength to characters like Luffy or Doflamingo because he isn't a brawler, he uses swords which are very different. Swords cut, they don't send people flying or create giant craters

I don't think there's any reason to believe Cracker is physically any stronger than Zoro. Zoro's strength should be more than enough to hurt base/G2 Luffy if Cracker could cut even G4 Luffy

Yeah that's the whole point. Clearly any powerful swordsman would fair better against Cracker since what he uses is just a bunch of cookies which would be easier to cut than to hit with a blunt attack.
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
4 months ago#144
Revelation34 posted...

No that's not what it means. By your logic a random dude who has never held a single weapon in his life is a swordsman just because he picked one up from a batlefield.

That's literally what it means. It's any man wielding a sword.

A swordsman doesn't have to be good, that would be a GOOD swordsman.

Any person who gets in a car and drives it is a driver. It doesn't mean they are a good driver or a legal one, but they are a driver.

You guys are adding adjectives in front of "swordsman" that aren't there. Zoro might be an expert swordsman, where as Luffy holding a sword is a poor swordsman, but regardless, he's by definition, still a swordsman if he uses a sword.
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: Scorpion122178

Scorpion122178
4 months ago#145
"You realize there was a town full of people standing under the bird cage right? Increasing gravity on the bird cage would increase the gravity on literally the entire town Fuji was standing in. If he somehow made gravity dense enough to break the birdcage, the town and all it's people would be a puddle of soup inside the bird cage. Assuming Fuji's gravity didn't also smash himself in the process"

Hey man I didn't say it was a good idea, I just said he could do it if he wanted too.

I also doubt he'd crush himself too. He seems to be able to control gravity for himself independent of that for other things, such has when he was floating on a rock while raining down meteors.
Currently playing: Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Overwatch, LoZ: Breath of the Wild, Pokemon Moon, Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend
FC: 2638 - 1204 - 7548

Scorpion122178
4 months ago#146
PhazonDaxter posted...
Does Carrot being so low on the popularity poll make anyone else re-adjust their beliefs of her being strawhat material T^T

26th? Really?

nope because my belief was that she had less of a shot than Rebbecca did who herself was a zero percent.
Currently playing: Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Overwatch, LoZ: Breath of the Wild, Pokemon Moon, Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend

User Info: Fwahm

Fwahm
4 months ago#147
Revelation34 posted...
Yeah that's the whole point. Clearly any powerful swordsman would fair better against Cracker since what he uses is just a bunch of cookies which would be easier to cut than to hit with a blunt attack.

Says who?

Scorpion122178
4 months ago#148
guys can anyone help me out?

I'm looking for a video anywhere of Vivi back during the civil war when she lost it and just started screaming "please stop" over and over again but no one could hear her because they were fighting.

User Info: PhazonDaxter

PhazonDaxter
4 months ago#149
ecylis posted...
But I think if she's planned to be a SH it will happen regardless of her popularity

I mean I agree and disagree.
The way Oda is he likes everything to fall upon himself his successes and failures so you'd think he would keep the crew he originally intended no matter what the popularity poll results were.
But at the same time, Law was so popular that he got thrust into the spot light and became very important....
So I think even if Oda doesn't want to admit it, he does tend to take those things into consideration.

Knighted Dragon posted...
>_>

Oh god the "who is and who isn't a swordsman: Debate" again D:

Rayleigh is a swordsman because he used a light sword, so by default he's inferior to Mihawk because Mihawk has been stated to be the best swordsman on the planet!

mallow posted...
lol...they had cracker, as in the real one, fighting equally with g4, IIRC. they don't agree with the "real body is weak" interpretation apparently ...

for the record I thought it was really dumb :/

So Toei once again adding filler to make Luffy out to be weaker? Color me surprised.
Haki Color of Surprised!

lmAtWork posted...
The anime is so bad now, I tried watching the episodes after Luffy went Gear 4 vs Doflamingo as I was going to catch up. It's so bad.

The 10 minute wait for Luffy to get haki back is unbearable, so many stall staring matches. It was slow in the manga and even worse in the anime

If the Japanese fans put up with it, it's never going to change unfortunately.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/daxterx2005

User Info: PhazonDaxter

PhazonDaxter
4 months ago#150
Scorpion122178 posted...
guys can anyone help me out?

I'm looking for a video anywhere of Vivi back during the civil war when she lost it and just started screaming "please stop" over and over again but no one could hear her because they were fighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM-RJFIXb-Q

Best I could find while at work >.>
Pretty sure it's episode 126 if that helps any.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/daxterx2005
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. One Piece Legendary Q&A CCLXII: "Eat Black Balls Everyday"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived