This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One Piece Legendary Q&A CCLXII: "Eat Black Balls Everyday"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. One Piece Legendary Q&A CCLXII: "Eat Black Balls Everyday"

User Info: Blancshammer

Blancshammer
3 months ago#361
Knighted Dragon posted...

She pulls their souls out with a DF, and maintains them with a DF. It's the same as Moria pulling people's shadows out, they are clearly no longer normal shadows and are being manipulated by a fruit to do un-Shadow like things

No, they're still normal shadows. Being manipulated by a fruit doesn't change that.

It's literally a Soul being manifested out of the targets body and stuck into fire to make the fire a sentient being, all held together by a fruit ability.

That isn't the same dang thing as perona's ghosts! Her ghosts are 100% fruit created and can physically touch people and explode!
BM, just relocates souls! Relocating the soul does NOT make it possible to hit a soul!

Oh yes, I forgot all about that time when people used Haki to stop Violet from spying on them, or used haki to stop Law teleporting them around! Oh wait, Law literally teleported people in the middle of using Haki

Way to miss the point. The entire point of haki is to have a way to damage logias and paramecias whose power changes the body like Luffy's. You are hitting the body! Haki does not allow you to hit souls!.

I've never said people were Ichigo and were cutting things souls directly. It should be extraordinarily obvious the "damaging souls directly" is only applicable to Big Mom's fruit and Brook interacting with it, holy crap

And yet here we are.
And all that page proofs is the person whose power is his SOUL is able to damage other SOULS!
A soul is not something that can be normally touched with Brook and BM being the only exceptions.
I don't care if it's necrophilia! Zombina chan is just totes adorbs!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CO-ENx5UkAMmcah.png

User Info: green dragon

green dragon
3 months ago#362
mallow posted...
for anyone looking to read 2 chapters this week here's a fan made one. it's a lot cooler than it sounds

https://imgur.com/a/ar48R

did the guy hand draw all of those, or did he splice/edit manga panels?

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
3 months ago#363
Blancshammer posted...

No, they're still normal shadows. Being manipulated by a fruit doesn't change that.

Did you miss the entire plot point about salt effecting the zombies and negating Moria's power on the shadow?

Haki punching a zombie wouldn't make it's shadow go away either based on what we've seen

Blancshammer posted...
That isn't the same dang thing as perona's ghosts

I agree they aren't the exact same, but they are in the same vein. If Haki could disrupt Perona's ghosts, it would have disrupted Big Mom's hold on the souls, that's the point I'm getting at. Haki can't touch intangible stuff, we just saw it in chapter where Haki is not an auto GG to any fruit ability or effect

Blancshammer posted...
The entire point of haki is to have a way to damage logias and paramecias whose power changes the body like Luffy's.

Err I've never disagreed with this, and in fact that was literally the entire argument I was having with Mallow where I said exactly what you just said and he wants Haki to be able to counter any fruit effect no matter how nonsensical

Blancshammer posted...

A soul is not something that can be normally touched with Brook and BM being the only exceptions.

??? This is literally the argument I'm making as well, I'm so freaking confused what you are even arguing then.

Let's start over.

Haki can hit fruit abilities that are physical. A logia is shooting their body at you and expand their body, but it's still their body. If you punch a random part of Smoker, it might be his face, or it might be his arm, but it's still Smoker.

Haki does not let you hit concepts or intangible things.

Haki lets you physically resist some fruit effects that effect you directly, depending on what they do. A fruit effect that would cut you, it makes sense for armor to defend against that. A fruit effect that causes you to see black and white or fall in love would not be effected IMO
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg
anyoneandeveryone 3 months ago#364
Scorpion122178 posted...
mallow posted...
only thing i'm 100% against is pudding wiping big mom's memory

Even if she did Big Mom would find out when she gets a hold of a news paper.

That's really only a problem for the people around Big Mom when she finds out.

green dragon posted...
mallow posted...
for anyone looking to read 2 chapters this week here's a fan made one. it's a lot cooler than it sounds

I got to the last page of this and read the "One Piece will be on break next week" as "One Piece will be on break next year."
"Fool! All the hatred in existence would never be enough to defeat me!"
"This... isn't anger... isn't hatred... it's..."

Blancshammer
3 months ago#365
Did you miss the entire plot point about salt effecting the zombies and negating Moria's power on the shadow?

Haki punching a zombie wouldn't make it's shadow go away either based on what we've seen

No s***. You don't say? The zombies weren't creatted via DF either.

it would have disrupted Big Mom's hold on the souls, that's the point I'm getting at

Based on what? You're just pulling that part out of thin air. Promtheous is a living fire. Just because it has a soul does not change how physics or the laws of nature work. The only way to damage him is to use what ever a fire is weak to like Jimbe did or knock out big mom. (Probably shoulda brought Usopp since that's his specialty)

Haki can hit fruit abilities that are physical. A logia is shooting their body at you and expanding their body, but it's still their body. If you punch a random part of Smoker, it might be his face, or it might be his arm, but it's still Smoker.

Haki does not let you hit concepts or intangible things.

With ya so far.

Haki lets you physically resist some fruit effects that effect you directly, depending on what they do. A fruit effect that would cut you, it makes sense for armor to defend against that. A fruit effect that causes you to see black and white or fall in love would not be effected IMO

100% agreed. Except Perona's ghosts AREN'T abstract concepts and again DO become tangible when they go kamikaze on someone's ass.
These two things aren't the same at all.

User Info: PhazonDaxter

PhazonDaxter
3 months ago#366
Reading the new chapter now posting my thoughts and reactions, I'll catch up on your posts after.

- Barto burning Shanks's flag is gosh darn hilarious. I really hope Shanks is there and the two share a drink and swap Luffy stories XD
- Fan art of Yonko Germa 66 is pretty neat
- Am I losing my sight or something? I don't see the fishman Chopper is talking about at all
- Baum is looking pretty crispy...I'm going to hold out for him still being alive tho...#BaumsTheBomb
- I like that even with CoA Luffy couldn't physically hurt literal flames
- Prometheus was #JimbOWNED
- Luffy grabbing carrot was awfully cute
- OMGGGG Zeus off loading that tempo bolt of doom and the strawhats escaping looks so bad ass! It's a shame that I have no faith in Toei and it will prob be ruined in the anime D:
- Brook and Chopper having faith when everyone else thinks the strawhats are toast is really touching.
- Pudding is turning into a full on Launch Clone >.>

MAN, repeating myself but that Zeus Tempo bolt was amazeballs!

Time to catch up on posts now
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/daxterx2005

User Info: PhazonDaxter

PhazonDaxter
3 months ago#367
ecylis posted...
There's a spinoff novel about Ace's life before Whitebeard written by someone other than Oda. Oda did some character designs of the Spade Pirates for it. Two new volumes of it should be out eventually if they aren't already

Man, there is no hope of that being incorporated into a filler arc Toei isn't like Studio Pierrot ...I hope they make a special out of it or something though because that sounds pretty cool
It seems like it would do well too since Ace always manages to be in the top 20 of the character polls.

Also unrelated to the Ace novels, but when browsing that twiter it looked like there might be another Dragon ball X One Piece crossover? Cool

ecylis posted...
He's just been getting paired against opponents that he has no chance of beating

Sanji vs Vergo was cut short, so that's not fair to say.
Sanji vs Dadji was BS. IMO Sanji could have rocked Judge had he not played dirty and used his men as meat shields. Sanji didn't go all out and held back

But Sanji vs Flamingo...yeah he had no chance there.

dillpickle69 posted...
Also since you're anime only you wouldn't know that the anime added some extra scenes of Sanji struggling which weren't in the manga, so yeah you're right, the anime did shaft him.

Dude....What?!
Why Toei, why do you do this? You guys can make other padding you know, you don't always have to make the heroes look like chumps >.>

tvmasterdoodles posted...
This is gonna get worse than Dressrosa in terms of pacing, I can feel it.

I'm still fully enjoying this arc, it doesn't feel like it's dragging to me >.>
Am I the crazy one here?

@Knighted_Dragon
I can't be bothered to quote a specific post in your on going debate with Blanc.
However I wanted to say I think you're waaaay over thinking manifestations of DF abilities and stuff.
Jimbo even said "he's just an animated concentrated flame, think of him as a talking wild fire"

Moria's zombies are Physical bodies, so obviously they can be hit. It has nothing to do with comparing shadows to souls.

Prometheus is just sentient fire....
So no matter what Luffy does he cannot physically hurt fire with his fists.
As Jimbo displayed he's just a big fire. How do you put out a fire? Water/Smother it/ remove the oxygen.
MAAAAAN Caesar could be really helpful here.

Brook being able to hurt him is because of wibbly wobbly soul power interacting with other soul powers.

@JLazarillo
You okay Panda? I haven't seen you in a while D:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/daxterx2005

Blancshammer
3 months ago#368
Thanks phazon...
http://i.imgur.com/hU9zDTY.gif

User Info: mallow

mallow
3 months ago#369
green dragon posted...
mallow posted...

hand drawn but obviously based many of his panels on the manga
https://i.imgur.com/chry6LA.gif

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
3 months ago#370
PhazonDaxter posted...

- Am I losing my sight or something? I don't see the fishman Chopper is talking about at all

I looked for it as well and couldn't ever find it, I assume it's just not there

PhazonDaxter posted...

However I wanted to say I think you're waaaay over thinking manifestations of DF abilities and stuff.

Maybe I worded it incorrectly? Blanc seemed to totally misunderstand me as well

Essentially, my point just goes back to old arguments me and Mallow have had where Mallow thinks Haki has an almost Seastone like effect on fruit abilities where it can just out right combat any fruit ability no matter what.

My view has always been that it only works on things that make sense for it to work on. But I think Seastone would be able to cut Prometheus or disrupt because he draws his power from a fruit.

For the Zombie example, I think you guys missed the point. I was talking about the shadows inside more than the zombie. Punching a zombie with a CoA coated fist won't make the shadow dissipate, where as contact with salt (or salt water) will disrupt Moria's power over them and make him lose control of the zombie.

Theoretically if Jimbei threw enough salt water at Prometheus he'd fall apart too, assuming the water didn't put his fire out first
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. One Piece Legendary Q&A CCLXII: "Eat Black Balls Everyday"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived